Newest Review: ... stuck in his teeth. I think they would have done better giving out something like a fudge bar instead. Fourteen Zones Cadbury World i... more
Fun but not cheap either
Cadbury World (Birmingham)
Author Name: christopher
Cadbury World (Birmingham)
Advantages: Alot more fun for the children than some stately home
Disadvantages: In some ways sedate, so you may struggle if you are expecting theme park style entertainment
There is 6 of us in our family with children ages ranging from 10-16years an can honestly say the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves there was enough to keep you entertained as they went around the factory and other parts of the site which includes lots of chocolate given to you during the course of the tour, I could explain lots about the different parts and areas including the section where a photo taken of you and it is converted in a chocolate image of yourself, but it would take too long.
The only downside I would say is the shop which is billed as the largest Cadbury shop in the world Now given that Cadbury are not having to pay for transportation costs, or mark up cost by a retailer selling Cadbury products, you would expect the chocolate to be reasonably priced, it was not, in fact it would have been far cheaper to go down the road to the local supermarket and buy the exact same product. Some people may say that it is part of the experience buying from the shop, unfortunately if being overcharged for items which should be considerably cheaper is your idea of fun then fine, but as far as I am concerned this is just ripping off the customer, by all means walk around the shop but save your money and by the same product anywhere but here as it will be cheaper.
The only other gripe I had was that I was more interested in their attitudes towards social health and social welfare, which was dealt with informatively and without boring the pants off the children, but to find any information about the wonderful surrounding village which was built by Cadbury as part of their whole plan for the welfare of the workers was almost impossible except for a miniature scale model and a poor quality photocopied sheet which offered after some searching.
There are discounts vouchers to be had on the ticket price by printing the vouchers which you can be picked off the internet for Cadbury World but you have to present these on the day and as such you could be left waiting for sometime, having said this we went at the height of summer and people who turned up who had not pre-booked seemed to get in ahead of us, who had paid in advance and reserved our spot.
In conclusion do go and see the factory and the other parts which were all lively and interesting but avoid the shop.
Summary: Great tour but avoid the shop.
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- Not quite Wonka but a wonderful day out
- About 2 items that were famous and we liked
- A real bricks and mortar museum!
- 5,000 years of history in on building
- Rip Off not Ripley's!
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
- Take a stroll through the past!
- The Making of Harry Potter -Warner bros. studio tour London
- W5 Belfast - a child's dream toyshop!
- See Where the Magic is Made! - Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour.
- The Crystal (London)
- Grey Point Fort (Northern Ireland)
- The Dinosaur Museum (Dorchester)
- Dinosaurland Fossil Museum (Dorset)
- Life and Death Pompeii and Herculaneum (London)
- Glasgow Transport Museum (Glasgow)
- Botticelli's Dante: The Drawings from The Divine Comedy (London)
- Cars of the Stars Museum (Keswick)
- Treasures of Catherine the Great (London)
- Sir John Soane's Museum (London)