Newest Review: ... after getting off the HMS Belfast. I believe that the location is perfect, with the simple walk down from Waterloo, to the Design Museum. O... more
Design Museum (London)
Member Name: naoneek
Design Museum (London)
Date: 22/05/11, updated on 22/05/11 (13 review reads)
Advantages: Something different, interesting & well located
Just next to the HMS Belfast, just South of the Thames, you will find the Design Museum. Its entrance is magnificent, with its superb architectural ingenuity. It is a perfect place to fill the time of a day in London after getting off the HMS Belfast. I believe that the location is perfect, with the simple walk down from Waterloo, to the Design Museum. On a sunny day it is lovely to eat at a Cafe before going into the Design Museum.
Its prime target is for University students & Artists. I personally believe that is wasn't a suitable place to take your children because of the lack of "hands on"
Inside the museum, they offer numerous different exhibitions which are worth a look at. However they often are quite expensive and can get busy at times. General entrance is quite expensive, in the sense that other museums such as the British Museum is free. However, I do believe that it is worth your time if you're looking for something different. Inside is very clean and the staff are very helpful in getting your way around. In a society where design plays a monumental role, I believe it gives a lovely insight about different types of art.
Summary: Interesting alternative to London Museums.
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- London Science Museum a super place to visit
- Memories for Filing
- Ashmolean needs more lifts!
- Don't expect Charlie's Chocolate Factory!
- Beamish Museum
- Going underground
- See Where the Magic is Made! - Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour.
- A super local museum
- Very Interesting Martime Musem
- Discover the magic behind the magic
- The Crystal (London)
- Grey Point Fort (Northern Ireland)
- The Dinosaur Museum (Dorchester)
- Dinosaurland Fossil Museum (Dorset)
- Life and Death Pompeii and Herculaneum (London)
- The Dock Museum (Barrow-in-Furness)
- Cogges Manor Farm Museum (Witney)
- The Museum of the Broads (Stalham)
- Blists Hill Victorian Town Heritage Site (Ironbridge Gorge)
- The Queen's Gallery (London)