Newest Review: ... after getting off the HMS Belfast. I believe that the location is perfect, with the simple walk down from Waterloo, to the Design Museum. O... more
Design Museum (London)
Member Name: naoneek
Design Museum (London)
Date: 22/05/11, updated on 22/05/11 (9 review reads)
Advantages: Something different, interesting & well located
Just next to the HMS Belfast, just South of the Thames, you will find the Design Museum. Its entrance is magnificent, with its superb architectural ingenuity. It is a perfect place to fill the time of a day in London after getting off the HMS Belfast. I believe that the location is perfect, with the simple walk down from Waterloo, to the Design Museum. On a sunny day it is lovely to eat at a Cafe before going into the Design Museum.
Its prime target is for University students & Artists. I personally believe that is wasn't a suitable place to take your children because of the lack of "hands on"
Inside the museum, they offer numerous different exhibitions which are worth a look at. However they often are quite expensive and can get busy at times. General entrance is quite expensive, in the sense that other museums such as the British Museum is free. However, I do believe that it is worth your time if you're looking for something different. Inside is very clean and the staff are very helpful in getting your way around. In a society where design plays a monumental role, I believe it gives a lovely insight about different types of art.
Summary: Interesting alternative to London Museums.
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- Memories for Filing
- Ashmolean needs more lifts!
- Don't expect Charlie's Chocolate Factory!
- Beamish Museum
- Going underground
- Back in time at Beamish
- An Amusing Take On Edinburghs History!
- warning - spoilers included!
- Dynamic Earth - About our planet! It's a fun family attraction.
- not a night at the muesum but the most fun
- The Royal West of England Academy (Bristol)
- RAF Museum Hendon (Hendon, London)
- Kilmartin House Museum (Kilmartin, Argyll & Bute)
- Strumpshaw Steam Museum (Norwich, Norfolk)
- The Crystal (London)
- Museum of Banking (Dublin)
- Museum of Science & Industry (Manchester)
- Museum of Transport (Glasgow)
- Pump House: People's History Museum (Manchester)
- Dublin Writers Museum (Dublin)