Newest Review: ... guns. The context and description of each of these larger items is provided and the children at the museum seemed to really enjoy wander... more
Remember the war days !!
Imperial War Museum (London)
Member Name: arjun22
Imperial War Museum (London)
Advantages: Free, Great Holocaust exhibition, excellent art work, Good for kids to get grip on world war subject
Imperial War Museum (London) -Remember the war days !!
I heard about this museum umpteen times from my friends but it was only recently (a month back) I called on this fantastic museum.
The museum is free like most of the other museums in London and is located in a vantage point close to Lambeth tube station. I was really amazed with the well laid models and replica right from the entrance. The Super marine Spitfire, the big tank, German V-2 rocket, submarine and missile were just too good.
I really believe this museum has achieved its mission of educating people about great wars and the way they have influenced our lives. You can really find a vast collection of weapons, models, photos and films as reminiscent depicting war life.
The museum exhibition brings about the letters written during war time and are really moving as they provide true reflection of the state of life during wars. I would specially recommend the Holocaust Exhibition as it uses historical materials like documents, uniforms, toys posters and to tell the story in an innovative way. However this is not allowed for children under 14.
I also loved the the collection of British painting and the art of Second World War represented. I did get a chance to get into the Blitz Experience and really find it fascinating as it allows you to walk through a section of street that resembled the bombed town. It was an amazing set as it almost replicates the vivid war life scene.
Overall if you are really interested in exploring war life this is the best place to be in!! I would recommend anyone visiting London to pay a visit here.
Summary: Feel lucky to see and feel the war life ...
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- An indulging must see attraction
- Sorry, no time to be bored, theres far too much to see and do and touch
- Everyday is halloween at the Edinburgh Dungeon
- What A Shakesperience...
- A Wondefully Relaxed Experience
- 1st Class Experience
- You haven't been a tourist in Cardiff if you haven't been here..
- History of the democratic people!
- Fun For Free!
- Clear as crystal what this is all about
- Museum of Banking (Dublin)
- Grey Point Fort (Northern Ireland)
- Birnham Arrts & Conference Centre
- Hornby Visitor Centre (Kent)
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum (Hadrians Wall)
- Life and Death Pompeii and Herculaneum (London)
- Museum of Science & Industry (Manchester)
- Museum of Transport (Glasgow)
- Pump House: People's History Museum (Manchester)
- Dublin Writers Museum (Dublin)