Newest Review: ... at 8foot 11inches. *Princess Diana portrait - made from 2500 penny coins Other attractions include shrunken trible heads, the worlds... more
Wacky and educational day out
Ripleys Museum (Blackpool)
Member Name: xtinkersx
Ripleys Museum (Blackpool)
Date: 14/06/09, updated on 14/12/09 (41 review reads)
Advantages: cheap, easy to find, fun
Disadvantages: small and can be crowded
This is a brilliant day out if you are in Blackpool and as they say themselves
'Located on two floors with 8 galleries and 10 televisions. It is fun for all ages, it's interactive and educational. Don't miss this award winning attraction! '
Situated on Blackpool Promenade in front of the Pleasure Beach and opposite Sandcastle Waterworld its very easy to find-just look out for the man climbing the wall and the big dinosar sticking his head out. (or follow the signs!)
The prices are reasonable-£8 for adults and £5 for children/OAPS but they do have print off vouchers on their website where entry is as little as £3! So a bargain day out for all especially with prices nowadays.
They have alot of weird and wonderful attractions-the Fertility Statue being the most famous one!
It is open all year round daily from 10am.
We had alot of fun when we went and alot of laughs at ourselves, the attractions and other people.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming. It is quite small and very crowded when it is busy and you do have to wait behind other people to get round, so give your selves alot of time to get round.
Its definetly worth checking out especially if you enjoy learning and looking at strange things but your also learning as you go around as there is information about the different things on show and you will come away with some weird and wonderful knowledge-great for kids!
Prepare to laugh alot and learn and all round have a great day out
Summary: Brill day out worth visiting if in Blackpool
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- COLOURFUL experience!
- Smugglers Adventure, Hastings
- Not a day trip but worth a visit
- Discover one of Londons hidden gems.
- Black Country Living Museum
- 1st Class Experience
- Toddler to granny. . . .toys for everyone!
- I didn't believe it . . . until I saw it!
- You haven't been a tourist in Cardiff if you haven't been here..
- History of the democratic people!
- Aeroventure Museum (Doncaster)
- The Crystal (London)
- The Dinosaur Museum (Dorchester)
- Dinosaurland Fossil Museum (Dorset)
- Life and Death Pompeii and Herculaneum (London)
- Museum on the Mound (Edinburgh)
- Pollock's Toy Museum (London)
- Finch Foundry (Devon)
- Cowper & Newton Museum (Buckinghamshire)
- Land of Lost Content (Shropshire)