Newest Review: ... a statement. Once you walk in you are seemingly drawn furthur into white walled corridoors and then hall spaces with 3 or 4 exhibits in o... more
The only contemporary gallery to shock and mesmerise
Saatchi Gallery (London)
Member Name: ruthosborne1
Saatchi Gallery (London)
Advantages: Free, huge, interesting
Disadvantages: will shock some
Being a contemporary artist myself I am one major fan of the saatchi gallery, however you dont have to like the contemporary to enjoy the experience the gallery itself can bring.
Situated on the kings road the gallery is a huge and remarkable building with strong and bold architecture, which in itself makes a statement.
Once you walk in you are seemingly drawn furthur into white walled corridoors and then hall spaces with 3 or 4 exhibits in one huge room, making them stand out even more be it with colour, installation or prose.
Many and in fact the majority of works at the saatchi gallery are of course contemporary works of art if not incredibly controversial pieces also, but each and every one will make you stop, think, ask yourself questions and ponder on it for some minutes, therefore youll most probably spend more time in this gallery than any other.
There are collations of paintings, some simple, some detailed and some just strange and bizarre, installations which will make you curse, laugh, ponder and love or opose, sculptural pieces and moving pieces also, which include a room full of made elderly people in wheelchairs just roaming around and bumping into one another; really a remarkable piece, funny yet incredibly sad at the same time.
Situated on 5 floors you will be impressed and amazed at the works that saatchi displays within his gallery, a world of modern, mad and mindful yet beautiful and thought inspiring. Definately worth a visit, and its free so you cant go wrong.
Summary: A contemporary gallery to last a few hours in
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- Scotland's Art Collection
- The Pink House
- A must see attraction to combine with mary kings close
- An excellent day out in the new forest
- Take a New Walk... you might find you love it!
- Lancaster's Seafaring Past
- The Old Operating Theatre and Herb Garret
- A museum for D-day and the overlord embroidery,
- Local city museum
- Titanic museum
- Perth Museum & Art Gallery (Scotland)
- Mallaig Heritage Centre (Scotland)
- Aeroventure Museum (Doncaster)
- The Crystal (London)
- The Dinosaur Museum (Dorchester)
- Dinosaurland Fossil Museum (Dorset)
- Life and Death Pompeii and Herculaneum (London)
- Hadrian Exhibition: Empire and Conflict (London)
- Helena Thompson Museum (Workington)
- The Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge)