Newest Review: ... you. It is host to lots of historical war fighting equipment, from clothes to smaller weaponry, to obviously tanks. The tanks on show time... more
A day out for a great piece of history!
Tank Museum (Dorset)
Member Name: jayrhodes1989
Tank Museum (Dorset)
Advantages: Historic, Fun, live shows
I'm in the Armed Forces, and also interested in my jobs history. It was just my luck to have a Tank museum three minutes down the road from where I live in Bovington. So I decided to go have a visit with my mates one day.
From the minute you walk into the museum, history just hits you. It is host to lots of historical war fighting equipment, from clothes to smaller weaponry, to obviously tanks. The tanks on show time right back to the World wars to the very present. It is host too Sherman Tanks, some of which are the only one left of its kind, right up to the Challenger 2, with modules such as the Scimitar and Chieftan in between.
Occasionally the museum presents Tank mobility shows. This is located just outside and you can sit and watch a variety of Tanks being driven etc with the added commentary given information.
Inside is also a Tank training machine, so using this would be exactly how you would drive as well as engage the enemy in a tank we use at presence. There is also a café I noticed inside, selling various food and drink for when you fancy a break. Next door to this is a gift shop, selling disused bullets and memorabilia to take home to friends and family as a souvenir.
I would have to recommend the Tank museum to everyone as it's a great day out and a lot is learned from our history on British war fighting.
I hope this review helps and thanks for reading
Summary: A must see for anyone
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- Chocolate Heaven? Not quite...
- Blast from the past, fun for most ages
- We had a great time here
- Emotional and Eerie
- There's a ship on the horizon with deep sea diving!
- Fun For Free!
- Clear as crystal what this is all about
- Tek all the family for a bostin day aart
- A not so rotten roman fort
- One of Northern Ireland's best kept secrets - joint review with my sons.
- Hornby Visitor Centre (Kent)
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum (Hadrians Wall)
- Northamptonshire Ironstone Railway Museum
- Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Gallery of Modern Art (Glasgow)
- Mary Arden's House & Shakespeare Countryside Museum (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Dali Universe (London)
- Shakespeares Globe Theatre Exhibition (London)
- Theatre Museum (London)
- The Rose Theatre (London)