“ Hull Maritime Museum / Queen Victoria Square / Hull / HU1 3DX. „
Founded in 1912 the Maritime Museum moved to the old Dock Offices in 1974. Formerly the home of the Hull Dock Company and from 1893 the North Eastern Railway who took over the running of the docks. The shareholders Court Room, now used for temporary exhibitions, is a highly decorated piece of Victorian architectureis. The room has a frieze of cherubs displaying the coats of arms of the European Cities that Hull traded with. Hull dominated the Arctic whaling trade in the early nineteenth century and there is an outstanding collection of whaling artefacts. This includes skeletons of the whales themselves, the tools and weapons, as well as personalia, journals and logbooks.