Newest Review: ... art but also have some older pieces on display. When I visited they had some of their archive of works from when the gallery was... more
Member Name: Orac
Whitechapel Art Gallery (London)
Date: 21/06/00, updated on 21/06/00 (46 review reads)
Advantages: changing exhibitions - always something new
Disadvantages: you might get a lemon
An excellent well managed space, the Whitechapel is a venue for a temporary exhibitions. These often have a contemporary feel. Gary Hume exhibited there earlier this year to packed audiences. Sometimes there are group exhibitions. Check Time Out and see what's on.
Close to Aldgate and Aldgate East tube stations, The Whitechapel offers art lovers the perfect excuse to go to Brick Lane on a Sunday morning and fill up on cheap and yummy bagels. There are good art supply shops nearby too.
More reviews in the field of Museum National
- Cheap at twice the price!
- art at the grass roots
- Take a map
- Not just rocks and bones
- Every picture tells a story
- 1st Class Experience
- Toddler to granny. . . .toys for everyone!
- I didn't believe it . . . until I saw it!
- You haven't been a tourist in Cardiff if you haven't been here..
- History of the democratic people!
- Aeroventure Museum (Doncaster)
- The Crystal (London)
- Hornby Visitor Centre (Kent)
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum (Hadrians Wall)
- The Herschel Museum of Astronomy
- The Dinosaur Museum (Dorchester)
- Dinosaurland Fossil Museum (Dorset)
- National Gallery (London)
- Science Museum (London)
- British Museum (London)