* Prices may differ from that shown
Bryans first really great album and you can tell he´s got the hang of the song writing now. The tunes are rocky, well written and appeals to pretty anything with a pulse. When you see Adams/Vallance as the composers - you know you are in for a treat.
1. The only one - the first track is really the only one on the album that sounds like it could had been on his 2 previous albums as it sounds quite young and innocent, but that is soon about to change.
2. Take me back - a great rocker that I think they must have written with a live performance in mind.
3. This time - a quite pop influenced song, still got elemnets of rock to it tho - nice and cheerful tune
4. Straight from the heart - now known as an anthem amongs the die hard fans as Bryan usually finishes of the night on this or "all for love" - a great sing along that really feels like its written straight from the heart
5. Cut´s like a knife - fantastic song and Bryan really does make singing "nana naaa nana naa nana na naaa" very rocky and very cool!
6. I´m ready - the first real ballad of the album, the "unplugged" version of this is fantastic, as it features an irish flute. Lovely lyrics.
7. What´s it gonna be - another pop influenced, more "nice" song, very catchy.
8. Don´t leave me lonely - same as "what´s it gonna be" really
9. Let him know - probably my least favourite song on the album
10. The best was yet to come - a great great song about how stupid breaking up can be sometimes as "the best was yet to come".
11. christmas time - bonus track - caution, do not listen to this unless it´s christmas as you will be playing inside your head for the next week
Such was the success of Bryan Adams in the early 1990s, that it is hard to remember a time when he was not at the forefront of the `slush-rock` movement. Cuts Like A Knife, originally released in the States in 1983, though, shows him in his earlier incarnation as much more of a rocker, or `groover from Vancouver`. It is filled with powerful songs such as Cuts Like A Knife, Straight From The Heart, This Time and What`s It Gonna Be. Obviously, subtlety and nuance are unknown here, and the songs all hint at the path that Bryan Adams would eventually take with such success. However, it remains an interesting, if flawed album, and certainly contains some worthwhile songs.
'Cuts like a knife' is a CD that contains 10 very good rock tracks. The CD is similar in style to 'You want it - You got it', however the rawness has been taken away and been replaced with a much more commercial sound. The tracks once again are well written with the musical instruments played exceptionally well. My favourite tracks are 'Straight from the heart', 'Cuts like a knife' and 'The best was yet to come'. This CD is definately one for the collection if only just to see how and by how far Bryan Adams has progressed as an artist.
Disc #1 Tracklisting
1 The Only One
2 Take Me Back
3 This Time
4 Straight From The Heart
5 Cuts Like A Knife
6 I'm Ready
7 What's It Gonna Be
8 Don't Leave Me Lonely
9 Let Him Know
10 The Best Was Yet To Come