Newest Review: ... 14 songs and for the price that it is being sold for i would say this is a bargain, you get 14 very good songs at an unbelievable price ... more
Fall in love with Celine!
Falling Into You - Celine Dion
Member Name: ld75454
Falling Into You - Celine Dion
Date: 12/01/09, updated on 12/01/09 (292 review reads)
Falling Into You by Celine Dion
How did I come across this album? I was rummaging through my mum's old cd's after she bought her new I-pod touch and asked me to load a few to get her started. When I came across Falling Into You by Celine Dion in the cd rack, I knew she would love this on her I-pod as we are both massive Celine Dion fans.
Celine Dion's fourth English album to be released is Falling into You on March 11, 1996. It won two Grammy's for 'Album of the Year' and 'Best Pop Vocal Album'. You must be thinking, wow this album must be good. And to top it off it was also an album that sold over 32 million copies worldwide and remained in that charts for over a year. Is that impressive or what?
1) It's All Coming Back To Me Now (7 minutes 37 seconds) - I challenge anyone to tell me they don't appreciate how amazing this song is. The musical introduction to the song is fantastic, and then, enter Celine's remarkable voice. The song is full of drama and passion. A perfect combination of soft moments and her belting voice. The lyrics are also fantastic. The song is quite long, but I enjoy listening to every single second of it. 10/10
2) Because You Loved Me (3 minutes 33 seconds) - A beautiful song with incredible lyrics. One of the slow numbers of the album. I love listening to this song any time I'm feeling a little bit down. For some reason it has a way of picking up my spirits. 9/10
3) Falling Into You (4 minutes 18 seconds) - Another slow song on the album and it is an incredible love song. A great song to have playing in the background. 8/10
4) Make You Happy (4 minutes 31 minutes) - This is a fairly upbeat number. It isn't my favourite of on the album as I don't believe it shows off her voice very well. A great album filler. 7/10
5) Seduces Me (3 minutes 46 seconds) - I can imagine this isn't popular with many people but I really love this song. It will never be a classic of hers but it is sung marvellously. Shows off a different side to her voice. 8/10
6) All By Myself (5 minutes 12 seconds) - This is a classic and will be extremely well known, particularly because of the film Bridget Jones Diary. If you want a good cry, put this on to listen to. I love singing it at the very top of my voice (even if I can't sing a note in tune). This song is truly amazing. 10/10
7) Declaration Of Love (4 minutes 20 seconds) - This is a personal favourite of mine. Definitely another song that I love singing my heart out to in the car, for the people driving past me to laugh at. It is such a happy, upbeat song. I love it! 10/10
8) You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (3 minutes 41 seconds) - This is yet another classic by Celine Dion and another song that you love belting you heart out to, especially at karaoke. I adore her voice on this track. 10/10
9) Dreaming Of You (5 minutes 7 seconds) - A slower song on the album, but equally as good as the others. The music is very soft and I listened to this a lot whilst I was revising for my GCSEs. 8/10
10) I Love You (5 minutes 30 seconds) - Another lovely song from Celine Dion that adds to the number of songs on the album, and gives great value for money. It is a song with beautiful lyrics. I love you Celine. 7/10
11) If That's What It Takes (4 minutes 12 seconds) - Yet another song with amazing lyrics. Her voice is very gentle in parts of this song. I love the way in which it picks up in pace as the song continues. 8/10
12) I Don't Know (4 minutes 38 seconds) - I love the music in this song. It is so soothing. I enjoy listening to this song, but it isn't going to set the world on fire! 7/10
13) River Deep Mountain High (4 minutes 10 seconds) - This is my personal favourite on the album as it reminds me greatly of my Nan. I'm not going to pretend and say it is classic Celine Dion, because it isn't. But I love it. The tempo is fast to start with, but just continues to speed up. I think the song is perfect! 10/10
14) Your Light (5 minutes 12 seconds) - Perhaps my least favourite song on the album. I don't particularly like her voice on the song and I find it quite boring in comparison to the rest of the album. 6/10
15) Call The Man (6 minutes 8 seconds) - An incredible penultimate song. It is a wind down song for me, great for chilling out to. It is quite a long one, but sit back and enjoy. 8/10
16) Fly (2 minutes 58 seconds) - A great song to complete what I believe is an incredible album. It is a very gentle, soft song. Makes me want to fly away. 8/10
Overall, I think this is an amazing album by an exceptional artist. It is an album so full of passion and is typical Celine. The album is packed with amazing songs, great lyrics and exceptional vocals. It is a combination of big ballads and upbeat tunes, with the occasional slower song chucked in. If you enjoy this album, I suggest you listen to her album Let's Talk About Love, which is equally as good. I'll be amazed if you don't like it.
You can pick this album up on www.play.com for £4.99 (and free delivery) and it is worth every single penny.
Audio CD: January 1st, 2001
Number of Discs: 1
Summary: This woman is truly sensational.