Newest Review: ... ten hits in the US, with 2 of them reaching number 1 as well. Listening to the album, even now, it is not difficult to see why. Songs li... more
For the growing metal head in you
New Jersey - Bon Jovi
Member Name: Kahdeksantoista
New Jersey - Bon Jovi
Advantages: Touches your heart, makes you want to sing and dance and shout
Disadvantages: £13 was an expensive album for me when I was 14!
I have to thank Bon Jovi for a lot in my life. If it wasn't for their soft rock that then led me onto glam rock and metal, me and my boyfriend wouldn't have had a conversation starter and probably wouldn't be together today. I couldn't be without him.
Their music has a true 80s feel and I LOVE them so much. They were the original band, and when someone asks what my favourite band is, they are the first on the list along with Posion and W.A.S.P.
This particular album is amazing, I know this wasn't the album that kicked off their career but this is my favourite album. I can guarantee that whatever album you pick up at home, by any artist, will have about two or three songs that you are not keen on am I wrong? Well this album is an exception to that for me. I love every single song. Some of these songs, especially 'Love for sale' was written then and there on a napkin in the recording studio to fill the album or it was improvised on the spot. I still love it though because it is such a humourous song.
1. Lay your hands on me - You will want to dance or take part in some light headbanging when you listen to this. A great song known by many.
2. Bad Medicine - A song based on sex (as are most 80s songs) but disguised as a song about medicine, hospitals, nurses in stockings and disease. Very bouncy.
3. Born To Be My Baby - One of my favourite songs by Bon jovi, again it has a great beat to it, a song most people can relate to and it really touches you.
4. Living In Sin - Again a song everyone can relate to, forbidden relationships etc. The video was banned as it was quite risqué. A song you just tend to sit and listen to. Quite relaxing.
5. Blood on Blood - A powerful song with some great riffs and fast guitar playing. Song about childhood which also makes you sit and think.
6. Homebound Train - A lively song, very Faith No More like mixed with a bit of Aerosmith
7. Wild is the Wind - Haven't heard this in a while but it is a bouncy song, but also a wind-down song.
8. Ride Cowboy Ride - A lovely low-budget song to lift your spirits.
9. Stick to your guns - Song about determination, you feel like you can do anything after listening to it. Powerful.
10. I'll be there for you - A touching and powerful song, something most people can relate to. Quite a sad song.
11. 99 in the Shade - A bit like Homebound Train but the end of each verse is a bit less prolonged and dragged out. Feel good song and some very good guitaring going on in this song.
12. Love For Sale - Another low budget song, will make you smile. Sounds as though they picked up a guitar and just threw some random words together.
I bought this when I was 14 and in my Bon Jovi obsessed phase. It was £13 then and I kept longing for it every time my Dad took me to HMV. Eventually I bought it and have treasured it ever since. Nice to see it has gone down in price!
Summary: The best album I have ever come across. Period