* Prices may differ from that shown
The Now series have been around for many years since starting in the 1980s with now 1, thirty years later we come to now 75 which is a landmark within itself the 75th edition of the famous series and it is a good one.
1) Bad Romance - Lady GaGa - This lady is really something different not only in the way in which she dresses but all of her music who would have thought 'Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ga Ga Ooh La La' would catch on in a song? Turns out many people enjoy it which is why it went straight to number one not only on this disk but in the charts very catchy tune to kick off the compilation.
2) Starstrukk - 3Oh3 ft. Katy Perry - This can be known as the whistling song as a DJ playing this all the time people automatically go whit woo, very very different sound than anything which is out there lyrics are enough to make people listen, bass line is different and makes it danceable and a familiar voice from Katy Perry all in all a very good track.
3) Meet me halfway - The Black Eyed Peas - These guys cant do anything wrong at the moment and with their new single rock that body on the way this even though it is slower then I gotta feeling and boom boom pow but still very catchy and people love to sing along to it.
4) Everybody in love - JLS - To be honest JLS aren't my cup of tea one of them cheesy boy band tunes, we will look back in 10 years and think they were the boyzone of the time. This is a good track quite a catchy bridge before the chorus but to be honest I don't think that it is the best although millions of screaming young girls would tell me that im wrong.
5) Replay - Iyaz - Sometimes when you hear tunes at the moment you hear J J J J J J R, this is the case in this tune and he is in everybody in love also. A producer which seems to have an eye for catchy music. This has to be one of the most requested songs of this year so far and his follow up single which is called solo is to be released shortly both very good tracks.
6) Pass Out - Tinie Temper - 2010 is bringing out music like it has never been seen before and this is another example of that, with a very 80s sounding punchy bassline a great chorus and then goes into a drum and bass ending what more can you want from a single with lyrics 'I've been to Southampton but ive never been to Scunthorpe' or something like that. Great song, however in his next single I think that he should say how he has been to Bristol but never been to Bournemouth.
7) Tik Tok - Kesha - A very electro sound mixed in with modern RnB sets this track up, it relates to young people and that's why they like it but it also has a very danceable beat to it. Nice track, better than her follow up single Blah Blah Blah, but I don't think its as good as her track with Taio Cruz which is released in coming months.
8) If we ever meet again - Timbaland and Katy Perry - Katy seems to be on a lot of track at the moment and she is choosing the right ones these two voices sound different but they work well together, that with a well written track makes another hit on this compilation.
9) In My Head - Jason DeRulo - I think this is a game of how many producers can you fit into the introduction of a song, just like how many popes can you fit into a mini but not as funny and the answer is 4 'Jason Derulo' 'The siren man sound' 'J J J J J R' 'Lupe Haights' I'm surprised Akon hasn't put his 'Kovict' noise in or Red One would have jumped on it. However this is a good track RnB with a slightly rock base to it works well.
10) Rude Boy - Rihanna - 'Call me rude boy can you get it up?' Great lyrics its like saying 'Call me dyslexia man can you spell?' Nevertheless, I think it is a good track this is the second single from Rihanna on these two CD's and the better one in my opinion.
11) Look for me - Chipmunk - I think the beginning of this sounds a lot like Black Eyed Peas I gotta feeling but this is a typical chipmunk song catchy cant understand a word until the chorus kicks in and I think like the JLS song cheesy RnB but it keeps the kids happy.
12) Don't stop beliving - Glee - Some of the older users will remember the original of this released by Journey however this cover I don't think is such a bad one brings a high school musical panto style to the record. Don't judge me for liking it!
13) On a mission - Gabrielle Climi - This is the most 80s sounding track which I have heard in a long time, if you hear this you will have to think again that this is modern it sounds like something from footloose, a fantastic track though and one which I could listen too over again.
14) Broken Heels - Alexndra Burke - OK so she had a go with hallelujah and it didn't really work but she is not like all of the other X Factor drop outs she came back and tried something else and she is not opening the village fair or appearing in Panto like the rest of them. And this is the second single from her new album and this is very catchy, although personally I think I have heard it too many times its starting to get annoying, but if you haven't heard it too many times its great.
15) About a girl - Sugababes - Do we actually know who is in the Sugababes anymore? But the new group in my opinion are much better with the style of music which they have brought out nice and clubby catchy and one of them which you will have in your head for a long time, just like this one.
16) Ego - The Saturdays - The Saturdays are a girl group which a lot of people have taken a liking too and one of them is me, not because of the way they look but because of their catchy songs and this is another one nice song, very catchy and listen to it a lot.
17) Under Pressure - Jedward - John and Edward I thought would take this year by storm because of how popular they were on X Factor however once this song was released it got to number 2 and then shot right back down the chart. This isn't the best song on the album but some people like them and so it is why its on here.
18) One Time - Justin Bieber - His new single is called baby and is taking everywhere by storm this was the debut single from the 15 year old not my cup of tea but its one of them the kids like very high school musically type song. I think that it works well putting the two 'kids choice' songs together on the album.
19) Do you remember - Jay Sean - When I was on the radio a few weeks back I said that this is about Jay Sean's nan who has short term memory loss. Someone actually rang in and said 'Is It?' So would like to clear that up now it isn't. But a very RnB song good lyrics and I think a cracking song.
20) Cry me out - Pixie Lott - This girl has had a few songs out now her latest is called gravity and it is a bit of a slow one, I don't think cry me out is her best song but its near the end of the disk and with series it means that it isn't the best but had to be thrown in there somewhere.
21) Climb - Joe McElderry - This is the guy which won the X factor and the last Now album came out before it finished and so it has to be on this album somewhere, it's a nice ballad not the best but its ok.
22) Everybody Hurts - Help for Haiti - This is the last track on the first disk, and it is Simon Cowells record which smashed lots of records and made it to number one within a few hours and in my opinion it is the same as any other charity record it's the modern take of perfect day, nevertheless still a good record.
That is the end of disk one, as you can see it has a lot of different genres on it, disk 2 tends to be the more alternative side of the music:
1) Empire state of mind 2 - Alicia Keys - This was released by Alicia as Jay Z didn't allow her to put part one on the album due to copyright, but I think this broken down version is slightly better and it is a nice song to chill out too.
2) Fireflies - Owl City - Owl city is as man and his guitar and this song was showed by radio 2 a while ago and I remember thinking it would be a big track and it was a nice follow on from empire state of mind.
3) Young Forever - Jay Z and Mr Hudson - This disk has started off with some slow songs, and this track samples the song forever young and think it's a really good track. Mr. Hudson has a really distinctive voice and it brings it out in this song and I think that it is brilliant.
4) 3 Words - Cheryl and Will - I think that this is one of the catchiest songs from this year, very simple musically but very effective great song.
5) You know me - Robbie Williams - This is the second single from the new album Reality killed the radio star and its one of them which appeals to everyone and so you will hear it on every radio station from Radio 1 to Radio 2 to Smooth and Real.
6) Don't stop beliving - Journey - From glee and also it being sung on the X Factor this song has become more popular than ever and rightly so it is a great American rock ballad, which I think now nearly everyone knows the words too.
7) Dog days are over - Florence and the machine - It is hard to come out with a second single which will be just as popular as You got the love, however this isn't a bad attempt has the Florence flavour to it. Good track.
8) Hollywood - Marina and the diamonds - When I first heard this I thought it was La Roux or someone like that but its marinas debut hit, and it is different in the style of which she sings its hard to describe in words you will have to listen to the song!
9) Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding - 2010 is going to be the year for new music and this is a girl which is going to be a big star. Starry eyed is a pop off beat sort of track with her distinguished voice this makes a great selling record.
10) Many of horror - Biffy Clyro - Im going to be honest I'm not a big fan of Biffys type of music and so I cant really comment but upon hearing this track I think it's a typical song from this artist.
11) Stay too long - Plan B - This is an alternative artist which Radio 1 love, and I think he is good too this song reminds of the white stripes not everyone's cup of tea and I don't think this is the best song on the album but it is good.
12) Never be your woman - Wiley ft. Emile Sande - This is a track which was an 90s record I think by the specials but wiley has remixed it sped it up and rapped over the top, the result is a good record a track I often have on in the van.
13) Wont be quietly - Example - A bit of music trivia for you, example got his name because his initials is E.G. completely useless knowledge but there we go. This song very electro very now good chorus and a contender for song of the year. Great record.
14) Riverside - Sidney Samson - Because I DJ in clubs Riverside was a track which had been around for a while before it got an official release, but it's a bit different too the one which is on the album as its riverside mother.... Well you know! But Wizard Sleeve has got on this and made it more commercial friendly a great attempt but im getting a little bored of the song now.
15) Why Don't You - Gramophonedzie - This is the second track which I had for a while before it got an official release and its by a DJ Gramophonedzie and it samples a 1930s track by Peggy Lee and it sort of reminds me of that track Shot you down by Audio Bullys although I have had this track for ages I still love it.
16) The way love goes - Lemar - Since I bought this album I had never heard this song and I have only heard it once or twice and I think this is a bit plain. Typical lemar type of track ok but not brilliant.
17) Playing with knives - N Dubz and Mr Hudson - I mentioned that Mr Hudson was on a lot and this is another song. This is such a catchy upbeat song and I'm glad that it made it on the album fantastic song.
18) Opposite of adults - Chiddy Bang - This is one of them towards the end of the CD and the tracks aren't as good, when people look back in 10 years they will go.. who? RnB song not my favourite type of music.
19) Bed Rock - Young Money ft. Lloyd - This is a track I think people were doubting and thinking that this isn't going to be big but it is at the moment everywhere I go people are asking for it. I don't see what the big deal is in my opinion it just sounds the same as any other RnB track.
20) My Name - McLean - Im afraid to say that my opinion of the previous two tracks is the same with this one. Not my cup of brew but people have been asking for it and I suppose that they have to cater for everybodys needs on the album.
21) Russian Roulette - Rihanna - Debut single taken from Rihannas new album Russion roulette is a slow RnB track which I think isn't her best piece of work but I can live with it although not one of my favourites.
To sum up this collaboration has all of the hits from the past 6 months compressed into two CDs some of the tracks I don't think very highly off others I really enjoy. On the whole I think that this is a good album and one to add to the collection. I bought this for £12.99 in Tesco and I think that it is worth it.
I hope this review has helped!
Disc #1 Tracklisting
1 Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
2 3OH!3 feat. Katy Perry - Starstrukk
3 The Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
4 JLS - Everybody In Love
5 Iyaz - Replay
6 Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
7 Ke$ha - TiK ToK
8 Timbaland feat. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again
9 Jason Derulo - In My Head
10 Rihanna - Rude Boy
11 Chipmunk feat. Talay Riley - Look For Me
12 Glee Cast - Don't Stop Believin'
13 Gabriella Cilmi - On A Mission
14 Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels
15 Sugababes - About A Girl
16 The Saturdays - Ego
17 Jedward feat. Vanilla Ice - Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)
18 Justin Bieber - One Time
19 Jay Sean feat. Sean Paul & Lil Jon - Do You Remember
20 Pixie Lott - Cry Me Out
21 Joe McElderry - The Climb
22 Helping Haiti - Everybody Hurts
Disc #2 Tracklisting
1 Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down
2 Owl City - Fireflies
3 Jay-Z feat. Mr Hudson - Young Forever
4 Cheryl Cole feat. will.i.am - 3 Words
5 Robbie Williams - You Know Me
6 Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
7 Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
8 Marina & The Diamonds - Hollywood
9 Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
10 Biffy Clyro - Many Of Horror
11 Plan B - Stay Too Long
12 Naughty Boy pts. Wiley feat. Emeli Sandé - Never Be Your Woman
13 Example - Won't Go Quietly
14 Sidney Samson feat. Wizard Sleeve - Riverside (Let's Go!)
15 Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You
16 Lemar - The Way Love Goes
17 N-Dubz feat. Mr Hudson - Playing With Fire
18 Chiddy Bang - Opposite Of Adults
19 Young Money feat. Lloyd - BedRock
20 McLean - My Name
21 Rihanna - Russian Roulette