* Prices may differ from that shown
I loved Pop Party 1, I know it's an old CD now as I have had the CD since I was 12, I am now 23. When I got it for Christmas, I was over the moon with it. As a child and young teenager my favorite music was pop, so a CD such as Pop Party was heaven to me. It had a real mix of current (at the time) songs such as Busted Year 3000, Avril Lavinge Sk8er Boy, The Cheeky Girls The Cheeky song, Las Ketchup The Ketchup song (Asereje) Girls Aloud Sound of the Underground and slightly older, cheesy, fun, catching party tracks such as, Fast Food Rockers The Fast food song, Baha Men Who let the dogs out?, Nigel and Marvin Follaw da leader 2002, Aqua Barbie girl plus more...
I used to listen to this CD frequently, I don't see how anyone could not like this CD. I'd sing along to it. I was so pleased with it, I asked for Pop Party 2 for the following Christmas.
I still have Pop Party 1 now to this day and play it when I am in a random mood to listen to some fun, cheesy music. It's just all round fun and easy to sing along to. Fantastic CD for a house party with all of the older Music tracks and cheesy, fun, sing-along ones in which both adults and children love.
All round 10 out of 10 rating and review from me go Pop Party 1!
Pop Party The First 1.
After recently buying Pop Junior Cd compilation for my kidlets, I went on the search for another similar cd as my lot enjoyed this music so much it was worth every penny.
Woolworths only had the new chart stuff, WH Smiths only had Pop Jnr (been there done that) and HMV just told me to search the bargain bucket. Nothing!
I was just about to give up and let the kids carry on with Pop Junior day in day out when I went to the kids school fete and couldnt believe my luck when I spotted POP PARTY for an awesome 50 pence. With two cds in the case, I just had to try it.
The cover was bright and colourful, I thought this looks fun so lets hope the music compares as well.
Its not that I do not like POP JUNIOR, its just that I have had enough to listening to the same tracks and watching the DVD all the time. Yes the case was far from spotless but the discs inside were not scratched so of I went with my bargain of the day. I just hoped it played ok in the car.
The hits are from various artists listed as below.
1 Hit me baby One More Time - Britney SpearsIm not a Britney Fan but this old time hit of hers is quite catchy if you are sitting in a pub on your tenth bacardi and coke. Why is it when you are drunk you seem to know all the words of the cheesy tunes?
2. Year 3000 BustedI love this even though Im not into young boy bands. My kids enjoyed swaying to this in the car.
3. The Tide Is High - Atomic Kitten I remember when Blondie put this out originally, how old does that make me. Atomic Kitten try but they dont cut it like Debbie Harry.
4. Skater Boy - Avril LavigneYuk from me wicked from my kids.
5. Spirit In The Sky - Gareth Gates With The KumarsAnother one I remember first time round but Gareth and the Kumars do a hilarious rendition. Quite fast with a foot tapping beat.
6. Get The Party Started PinkReminds me of Siousixe and the Banshees, a fast track best played loud!
7. Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) - The Cheeky GirlsAwful, Awful but my boys found the words hysterical and enjoyed doing the actions with their rear ends.
8. Aserje (Ketchup Song) - Las KetchupAnother cheesy offering, great for children. No swear words here.
9. Fast Food Song - Fast Food RockersOh Pizza Hut, Oh Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and the Pizza Hut McDonalds, McDonalds . You know the one. A great party starter.
10. Uptown Girl WestlifeBilly Joel did the original but Westlife did the best. A sensible song with no reference to sex, drugs or wind.
11. React - S Club 7Kids give it 8 out of 10 but as I am not into S Club, Ill give it 1. Quite dull, all their songs seem to sound the same. They have had their day sorry S Club fans.
12. Tragedy StepsTragedy, when the feelings gone and you dont know why Abba did the cover version and Steps give them a run for their money. Cant keep your foot still to this.
13. Sound Of The Underground - Girls Aloud
Bit rock chick meets car sick, as you can guess its not my sort of song but my boys think they are hard singing to this and playing air guitar.
14. Round Round Sugababes
Fast Forward yuk. Who ever thought of this sickly sweet name for these females who cant really hit the high notes?
15. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Arrh Miss Minogue, the cleaner version of Madonna, this girl knows how to do it. The lyrics on this you just cant get out of your head but its irritatingly lovely.
16. Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men
This reminds me of Posh Spice when she allegedly sang this when Jordan aka Katie Price walked past her at a football match. Quite hard to bop round the floor to but good when youve had a few. Kids give it full marks, I say give the band a Bonio.
17. Follow Da Leader 2002 - Nigel & Marvin
Not for me or my kids.
18. Hey Baby - DJ Otzia
hey baby, ooh arrrh, I wanna know wo wo, if youll be my gal you know this one, gets played a lot at parties and everyone thinks they are the next pop idol. Great fun track, love it.
19. Barbie Girl Aqua
So cheesy but wonderful. This one will never be forgotten. "Im a barbie girl, in a barbie world ......"
20. We're Going To Ibiza Vengaboys
Erm, its ok but wouldnt go over board. Hate the way they say Ibizzzzzzzza in the chorus.
21. Mambo No 9
Full marks, easy to dance to and good fun to bop in the car with.
22. Mickey Lolly
Another re-released classic revamped.
23. Sundown - S Club 8
Not too heavy on the ear drums but just not my cup of tea or my kids.
Disc 2: - The Karoke Compilation not worth looking at!
1. Year 3000 - Busted
2. The Tide Is High - Atomic Kitten
3. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
4. Sound Of The Underground - Girls Aloud
5. Round Round - Sugababes
6. Hit me Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
7. Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men
8. Fast Food Song - Fast Food Rockers
9. Mickey - Lolly
10. Hey Baby - DJ Otzi
11. Sundown - S Club 8
12. Tragedy - Steps
13. Reach - S Club 7
14. Barbie Girl Aqua
The big difference in this that unlike POP JNR, the bonus DVD was great for the kids to watch, and the bonus Karokee DVD/CD was a waste of space. I thought the whole point of Karaoke was to follow the words on screen watching the Pop Video as you do it. Well dont expect that when you switch this one on, there are no graphics.
It just repeats the identical tracks on the CD, not a mixture that would have made it less boring. My kids found it hard to follow and I thought that was the whole idea of this its meant to be FOR KIDS!
However for 50 pence I am not moaning, but if I had paid full price then I might. Pop Jnr is still the best; this CD was one of the first of its kind as it was produced in 2003. Some of the tracks are a bit hard going but the others are good party songs, all are swear word free and children friendly. The CD lasts a good hour and 20 mins whilst the Karaoke is 40 minutes long. The sound quality is excellent so no faults there.
Not sure how you will get hold of this as its quite dated. Read my Pop JNR review before you go out to buy this. If you still want to buy it then I am sure you will find a link if you check out:
or you could try the nearest car boot sale or school fete.
Happy Hunting. x