* Prices may differ from that shown
This compilation 2 cd set is actually pretty good, as a guy it might be rather strangethat I bought it for myself but I wanted a few of the songs on it so I did, The rest was a bonus.
This is a two cd set that contains a whole host great tracks from movies from ballads to mid tempo numbers to the more up beat stuff.
Though its really a cool cd for the girls it can appeal to the guys as well because it contains some classics.
It has the great ballad if your'e not the one, also a great temptations track which is fun, classics like unchained melody and purple rain by prince,
also it contains a brilliant track called dont leave by faithless , known as dance band this ballad is modern and great.
Other classics are the joe cocker up where we belong , pretty woman etc.
All in all its a good double cd of various artists both slow and upbeat. with some songs that you may not know so well that are the real gems of this cd collection
id reccomend it for sure.
Not just another compilation album. I actually enjoyed listening to this track,I feel it had substance and some really soppy love songs I havent heard in ages.
I feel this album is suitable for almost anyone,its got some cracking tunes on there such as Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb and Tiny Dancer - Elton John to name but a few.I also feel this album was fun to lsiten to,as you could guess whats tracks matched upto which film (unless of course you cheated and just looked on the back)
Either way this album provides all the great love songs all in one place,saving you time and effort in searching around for those tracks that you like listening to or the one of that film that you can never remember what its called.
Either way I am starting to babble a little bit now,but what I am trying to get across is that this album is good value for money,is entertaining to listen to and is surely not a purchase you will regret making
I really like compilations, I always have and probably always will. Wether it's a best of Classical Music or a Hard Rock compilation i'm always willing to give it a try as I think you always do get the best from the genre and tend to find something new that you like in it.
With "The Ultimate Chick Flick Love Songs" you get exactly what it says on the box. Lifting from movies such as "Love Actually" , "Bridget Jones Diary" and "Notting Hill" amongst others, you'll find an absolutley fantastic arrangement of music. Personally I love "Where every you will go" by the Calling and "At my most Beautiful" by REM. And the best track on the album in my humble opinion is bringing up the rear on Disc 1, The Pirince Classic "Purple Rain" But theres much more to hear from this collection.
1. If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield (From 'Maid In Manhattan')
2. Wherever You Will Go - The Calling (From 'Love Actually')
3. The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations (From 'Calendar Girls')
4. Out Of Reach - Gabrielle (From 'Bridget Jones's Diary')
5. Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet From 'Four Weddings & A Funeral')
6. At My Most Beautiful - R.E.M. (From 'Never Been Kissed')
7. When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating (From 'Notting Hill')
8. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - The Righteous Brothers (From 'Top Gun')
9. Pure Shores - All Saints (From 'The Beach')
10. Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes (From 'An Officer & A Gentleman')
11. Two Of Us - Aimee Mann & Michael Penn (From 'I Am Sam')
12. Can't Smile Without You - Lena Fiagbe (From 'Four Weddings And A Funeral')
13. Angel - Sarah McLachlan (From 'City Of Angels')
14. These Arms Of Mine - Otis Redding (From 'Dirty Dancing')
15. In All The Right Places - Lisa Stansfield (From 'Indecent Proposal')
16. Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb (From 'Reality Bites')
17. So Young - The Corrs (From 'Where The Heart Is')
18. Theme From 'Mahogany' (Do You Know Where You're Going To) - Diana Ross (From 'Mahogany')
19. Don't Leave - Faithless (From 'A Life Less Ordinary')
20. Purple Rain - Prince (From 'Purple Rain')
1. For Once In My Life - Michael Buble (From 'Down With Love')
2. I'm Kissing You - Des'ree (From 'Romeo & Juliet')
3. Stardust - Nat King Cole (From 'Sleepless In Seattle')
4. I Try - Macy Gray (From 'Picture Perfect')
5. Thank You - Dido (From 'Sliding Doors')
6. Tiny Dancer - Elton John (From 'Almost Famous')
7. There You'll Be - Faith Hill (From 'Almost Famous')
8. Slave To Love - Bryan Ferry (From '9 1/2 Weeks')
9. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers (From 'Ghost')
10. All By Myself - Jamie O'Neal (From 'Bridget Jones's Diary')
11. You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller (From 'The Truth About Cats & Dogs')
12. Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer (From 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days')
13. Turn Back Time - Aqua (From 'Sliding Doors')
14. Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (From 'Endless Love')
15. Kathy's Song - Eva Cassidy (From 'Maid In Manhattan')
16. Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee (From 'Days Of Thunder')
17. Lovefool - The Cardigans (From 'Romeo & Juliet')
18. The Rose - Bette Midler (From 'The Rose')
19. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison (From 'Pretty Woman')
20. Baby Now That I've Found You - Alison Krauss (From 'Heartbreakers')
Of course there a good few tracks that you'll not like but that does happen with every collection of hit's like this. For me I really can't stand The Aqua song "Turn back Time" and I've never been a Bryan Ferry fan so his 'Hit' "Slave to Love" is pretty much lost on me. But for every poor hit theres about four crackers.
If there's guys reading this, forget about the title, there is some brilliant music on this and id' happily walk into a store and buy this album for myself without feeling the need to pretend it's for my girlfriend. Awesome Album.
My boyfriend bought me this album. Because he loves me!! (all together now, 'AWW'). Enough of the soppiness. I have always been a big fan of love songs, So this album was perfect for me. So when i got it i was over the moon. And i wasn't disapointed!!
About The Album.
This album was first out in 2003. It is from a series of albums called Chick Flicks. Basicly they are all albums, that contain songs from films, such as four weddings, Bridget Jones Diary, Top Gun, etc. So all the chick flicks (hense the name).
It is a two cd album, So will keep you going for a while. It's perfect for a cosy night in with your loved one.
Other Albums In The Series.
Chick Flick Diaries
The Ultimate Chick Flick
Chick Flicks: The Sequel.
1) If You're Not The One, By Daniel Bedingfield. (3.58)
This is a very well known song. It's all about trying to make up your mind, as to weather the one your with is the one for you. Do you listen to your head or your heart? It's a lovely song. Daniel Bedingfield is a very talented singer.
This is from the film, Maid In Manhattan
2) Wherever You Will Go, By The Calling. (3.22 mins)
This is a soft rock love song. It's a faster song, but still has the loving feeling to it. It's all about leaving someone behind, even though you know you still love them. And you wish things could have been different.
This is from the film, Love Actually
3) The Way You Do The Things You Do, By The Temptations. (2.51 mins)
This is an old song, but still sounds great. They are basically singing a song about how great someone is, and all the special things they do to make them happy.
This song is from, Calendar Girls
4) Out Of Reach, By Gabrielle. (3.14 mins)
This song is gorgeous. I love this song so much. It's all about falling for someone who breaks your heart. Think we've all done that! The one who you feel was too good for you, and they get away.
This is from, Bridget Jones Diary.
5) Love Is All Around, By Wet Wet Wet (3.47mins)
I think we all know this song! If not, Where were you when it was stuck at number one?
It's all about being in love with someone and not sure if they feel the same. They are begging for the person to just let them know how they feel.
As we all know, this is from, Four Weddings and a Funeral.
6) At My Most Beautiful, By R.E.M, (3.30 mins)
This is a bit of a slow starter. Lots of music and not many words. But when it gets going it's ok. It's not one of their best. It's about being in love with someone, and trying to make them happy. I THINK! I can't really hear what he is singing.
This is from, Never Been Kissed.
7) When You Say Nothing At All, By Ronan Keating, (4.11 mins)
Another great song. Ronan Keating is one of my favourites. The feeling of love that comes from this song. It just explains how he feels love from his loved one, with out them even having to say the three little words. Very romantic.
From, Notting Hill.
8) You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, By The Righteous Brothers
( 3.37 mins)
Who doesn't know this song???? I love it!! I think we all know what film this is from. Aww, Tom Cruise in that uniform....... Sorry, got carried away there. It's a lovely song. All about someone who has fallen out of love with there partner. Quite sad really.
For those who don't know, this is from Top Gun.
9) Pure Shores, By All Saints (4.22 mins)
This is quite a chill out song. You can just imagine relaxing on a summers day to this. It's a strange song. Not to sure what it's about though. I think it's about wanting to be with the one you love, and traveling a long way to be with them. But i'm probably wrong!!!
From the film, The Beach
10) Up Where We Belong, Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes, (3.51mins)
This is another old song. It's very slow, and starts to get on your nerves after a while. But it's loving, and all about getting through every hurdle life throws at you, and being more in love than ever at the end of it all.
From the film, An Officer And A Gentleman.
11) Two Of Us, By Aimee Mann & Michael Penn (3.26 mins)
This is a rather strange song. Not sure if i like it or not. But hey, you might. It's all about doing everything together, no matter how small.
From the film, I Am Sam.
12) Can't Smile Without You, By Lena Fiagbe (4.14 mins)
This is normally a jolly song. But this version is done in a blues style. But it is still quite catchy. It's all about missing someone. And not being able to smile if they are not with you.
From the film, Four Weddings And A Funeral.
13)Angel, By Sarah Maclachlan, (4.22 mins)
I'd never heard this song before. But it's very slow and romantic. Reminds me a bit of Joss Stone. It's about feeling really low, and down. Everything is getting on top of you. but that you will feel safe in the arms of an angel.
From the film, City Of Angels.
14) These Arms Of Mine, By Otis Redding, (2.21)
This is yet another old song. Otis Reading is a great singer. He has a very husky voice. Slow romantic song. It's about being desperate to hold the one you love.
From the film, Dirty Dancing
15) In All The Right Places, By Lisa Stansfield. (3.58 mins)
Lovely song. Very sexy. It's a seductive song. It's about wanting your lover to just hold and touch you, no matter where you are. Lucky her!!!
From the film, Indecent Proposal.
16) Stay (I Missed You), By Lisa Loeb, (2.58 mins)
Slightly up beat song, but still a love song. About all the hate and arguments in a relationship. Feeling you can't take anymore. But then when you leave, you realise you've made a mistake, and that you love the person, and miss them.
From the film, Reality Bites
17) So Young, By The Corrs, (3.46 mins)
Very up beat song. You could dance and sing along to this one. All about young love!! aww, i remember that!! I think???
The feeling of just wanting to be together, and not caring about anything else.
From the film, Where The Heart Is.
18) Theme From Mohogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To) (3.20 mins)
Nice song, But a bit slow. Reminds me of a tune from a music box. it's all about not knowing where to go from here. You've hit a deadend in your relationship, moving on.
From the film, Mohogany.
19) Don't Leave, By Faithless, (3.52 mins)
About watching someone leaving you, and begging them to stay. You realise you've made mistakes, but don't want to loose them.
From the film, A Life Less Ordinary
20) Purple Rain, By Prince (6.18 mins)
I love this song. I think even if you not a prince fan, this song still gets to you. It's such a powerful song. All about wishing you hadn't made someone so sad, and blue, and trying to make up for it.
From the film, Purple Rain.
1) For Once In My Life, By MIchael Buble. (2.30 mins)
Very jazzy song. Just makes you want to click your fingers and swing your hips. Just expressing, the feeling of finding the one you know you want to be with forever.
From the film, Down With Love.
2) I'm Kissing You, By Des'ree (4.53 mins)
Very slow and depressing song. I'm not to keen on this one. Seems to go on for ever. It's about the pain of losing someone. Not sure why she called it that though.
Hang on whilst i go and skip the song.
From the film, Romeo and Juliet
3) Stardust, By Nat King Cole (3.12 mins)
The legend that is Nat King Cole. Lovely song, great voice. All about Missing someone, who has left. Very slow song.
From the film, Sleepless in Seattle.
4) I Try, By Macy Gray. (3.50 mins)
I love this song. Very catchy. About trying to slip up with someone, but not being able to as you still love them. She has a great voice.
From the film, Perfect Picture
5) Thank you, By Dido, (3.35 mins)
Dido is a diva!! I love this girl. This song is great. As you probably know, it was used as a sample in the song Stan.
It's about knowing that no matter what the day throws at you, you know your partner will make it all better, and you'll be happy again when you are with them.
From the film, Sliding Doors.
6) Tiny Dancer, By Elton John, (6.12 mins)
This song seems to go on abit. But is quite nice. Basicly it's about a dancer!! Fancy that hey!!!
From the film, Almost Famous.
7) There You'll Be, By Faith Hill, (3.37 mins)
This is my favourite song. It makes me cry, everytime i hear it. I'd turn it up, But kierans asleep. It's about when you've lost someone, how, they will always be with you in your heart, no matter where you go. Re living the memories of your time together. sob, anyone got a tissue??
From the film, Pearl Harbour
8) Slave To Love, By Bryan Ferry, (4.15 mins)
This is from back abit. Nice song, quite catchy. It's about being willing to do anything for love, and not being able to escape someones love.
From the film, 9 1/2 weeks.
9) Unchained melody, By The Righteous Brothers, (3.35 mins)
Right! Get the pottery wheel out. Oh, that scene does funny things to me. What a great song. It's old, but never tiers.
It's about needing someones love, and wanting it forever.
From the film, Ghost.
10) All By Myself, By Jamie O'Neal (4.32 mins)
'When i was young, i never needed anyone' Come on, sing along..'ALL BY MYSELF!!!'
Ok, i won't give up my day job. Great song. Loving a good sing along. All about not having anyone to love and being on your own. Poor girl!!
From the film, Bridget Jones Diary.
11) You Do Something To Me, by Paul Weller (3.33 mins)
Another very sexy song. I could quite easily make love to this song. It's about the over whelming feeling. They way someone touches you, and makes you feel so warm inside. (was that to much info?)
From the film, The Truth About Cats And Dogs.
12) Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer, (3.24 mins)
Another up beat song. Great though. All about, That special kiss. mmmm, we know the one.
From the film, How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.
13) Turn Back Time, By Aqua, (3.59)
Well this certainly makes a change from barbie girl!!!
It's actually a really nice song. All about, It's about wishing you could go back, and mend all the problems in a relationship. Wanting the person you love back.
From the film, Sliding Doors.
14) Endless Love, By Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (4.22 mins)
Lovely song. Two great artists sing a great song. What more could you want? It's about wanting to be with that special one forever and ever.
From the film, Endless love.
15) Kathy's Song, By Eva Cassidy. (2.41 mins)
I love this girls voice. It is so pure. As always, a gorgeous song from her. It's about being with someone, in your thoughts, but not being together. lovely words.
From the film, Maid in Manhattan.
16) Show Me Heaven, By Maria Mckee. (3.40 mins)
Another love making song. Get all steamy with this one. Great, powerful song!! About wanting to make that move, and be together, but being nervous about it. Very sexy.
Now, it says on the cd cover , that this is from Days of thunder. But I thought it was from Top Gun. So if you know who is right, please let me know.
17) Lovefool, By The Cardigans, (3.13 mins)
Great jolly song. very up beat. About feeling that your partner doesn't love you any more, but not wanting to give up on them.
from the film, Romeo & Juliet.
18) The Rose, By Bette Midler, (3.28 mins)
Great song. Very sweet. It's about love, and how it takes time to grow. great great song. The words are to die for.
From the film, The Rose.
19) Oh Pretty Woman, By Roy Orbison (2.56 mins)
another sing along classic. Great song, old, but good.
All about that gorgeous woman you love and desire.
From the film, Pretty Woman.
20) Baby Now That I've Found You, By Alison Krauss, (3.48mins)
If anyone is still reading this, you'll be pleased to know this is the last song. This is a cover version. They don't do the song justice at all. It's about not letting the one you love, ever go!!
From the film, Heartbreaker.
Well i bet your glad thats finished.
The cover of this has love hearts (the sweets) all over it, and the tittle written in lipstick. It attracts the attention of the girls, so it is great.
It has the track listing and what films they are all from.
Where can i buy it?
You can get it from most music stores, such as Hmv, Virgin Mega stores, Woolworths and more.
How much is it?
Thr prices ranges where you go.
But i'm sure if you looked on ebay or amazon, you will find it a lot cheaper.
Who Do I Think It Would Appel to?
Mainly women who love chick flicks. But anyone who loves love songs would like it too. My boyfriend uses it for his Dj'ing, ( I think thats the only reason he got it for me) so some men may like it to.
Thanks for reading my review. hope i haven't bored you too much. julie xxxxx
Disc #1 Tracklisting
1 If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield (From 'Maid In Manhattan')
2 Wherever You Will Go - The Calling (From 'Love Actually')
3 The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations (From 'Calendar Girls')
4 Out Of Reach - Gabrielle (From 'Bridget Jones's Diary')
5 Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet From 'Four Weddings & A Funeral')
6 At My Most Beautiful - R.E.M. (From 'Never Been Kissed')
7 When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating (From 'Notting Hill')
8 You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - The Righteous Brothers (From 'Top Gun')
9 Pure Shores - All Saints (From 'The Beach')
10 Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes (From 'An Officer & A Gentleman')
11 Two Of Us - Aimee Mann & Michael Penn (From 'I Am Sam')
12 Can't Smile Without You - Lena Fiagbe (From 'Four Weddings And A Funeral')
13 Angel - Sarah McLachlan (From 'City Of Angels')
14 These Arms Of Mine - Otis Redding (From 'Dirty Dancing')
15 In All The Right Places - Lisa Stansfield (From 'Indecent Proposal')
16 Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb (From 'Reality Bites')
17 So Young - The Corrs (From 'Where The Heart Is')
18 Theme From 'Mahogany' (Do You Know Where Youre Going To) - Diana Ross (From 'Mahogany')
19 Don't Leave - Faithless (From 'A Life Less Ordinary')
20 Purple Rain - Prince (From 'Purple Rain')
Disc #2 Tracklisting
1 For Once In My Life - Michael Buble (From 'Down With Love')
2 I'm Kissing You - Des'ree (From 'Romeo & Juliet')
3 Stardust - Nat King Cole (From 'Sleepless In Seattle')
4 I Try - Macy Gray (From 'Picture Perfect')
5 Thank You - Dido (From 'Sliding Doors')
6 Tiny Dancer - Elton John (From 'Almost Famous')
7 There You'll Be - Faith Hill (From 'Almost Famous')
8 Slave To Love - Bryan Ferry (From '9 1/2 Weeks')
9 Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers (From 'Ghost')
10 All By Myself - Jamie O'Neal (From 'Bridget Jones's Diary')
11 You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller (From 'The Truth About Cats & Dogs')
12 Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer (From 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days')
13 Turn Back Time - Aqua (From 'Sliding Doors')
14 Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (From 'Endless Love')
15 Kathy's Song - Eva Cassidy (From 'Maid In Manhattan')
16 Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee (From 'Days Of Thunder')
17 Lovefool - The Cardigans (From 'Romeo & Juliet')
18 The Rose - Bette Midler (From 'The Rose')
19 Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison (From 'Pretty Woman')
20 Baby Now That I've Found You - Alison Krauss (From 'Heartbreakers')