Newest Review: ... as major labels start to snap up anyone they can, the quality is somewhat starting to sound quite 'generic'. However, 'Welcome Reality' i... more
NERO WELCOME REALITY
Welcome Reality - Nero
Member Name: mole92
Welcome Reality - Nero
Advantages: The album is very consistent and has a lot of good tracks
Disadvantages: Some tracks tend to get a bit boring
Welcome Reality is the first album by dubstep/drum & bass duo Nero. The album has 14 tracks including hit singles Me and You, Guilt and Promises. I first heard of Nero about 4 years ago when they did drum & bass music but like producers such as Chase and Status and Sub Focus they have now moved more towards the dubstep genre of music. I'm not a big fan of Nero but when I was browsing for new music at my local HMV I noticed that this album was on offer for £7 so I thought I would give it a try.
Here is track listing of the album:
1. 2808 - Intro track that sounds like a strange orchestral sound
2. DOOMSDAY - A hard hitting dance drum beat that drops in to a dark futuristic grimey/dubstep sound
3. MY EYES - The first track on the album with vocals from singer Alana and has a spooky/rocky/dubstep sound
4. GUILT - Got to number 8 in the UK charts and has catchy vocals from Alana Watson with a dubstep/trance sound
5. FUGUE STATE - Starts off similar to DOOMSDAY but then drops into a hard hitting dark electro dubstep sound
6. ME AND YOU - A guitar/retro/dubstep sound with vocals from Alana and got to number 15 in the UK charts
7. INNOCENCE - Has a drum & bass/dubstep sound featuring haunting vocals from Alana Watson
8. IN THE WAY - Has low frequency dubstep sounds with spacey vocals from Alana Watson.
9. SCORPIONS - This track sounds like Nero have got the knight rider theme tune slowed it down and put a few of there low dubstep sounds in the track. It also has a few vocals from Alana
10. CRUSH ON YOU - Sounds like an 80's high pitched vocal pop song with an up to date high tempo dubstep sound
11. MUST BE THE FEELING - Is a fusion of 80's pop and a disco house/dubstep sound with Alana Watson on the vocals.
12. REACHING OUT - Sounds like an early 90's house track with a slow tempo dubstep sound and has a change of male vocals
13. PROMISES - Has a drum beat which drops into a drum & bass/dubstep sound with vocals from Alana Watson and got to number 1 in the UK charts
14. DEPARTURE - This track slows the tempo down and starts off with dark slow drum/dubstep beat which then changes to more brighter hopeful dubstep sound.
Overall this album is dark and consistent and I like all the tracks on the album. The only problem with the album is some of the tracks tend to get a bit boring because the tempo of the tracks is very consistent which makes them sound a little similar. The album basically takes you on a journey through the eyes of Nero. I would give it a rating of 4/5.
I would recommend this album to anyone who likes the tracks already released by Nero or if you listen to artists like Pendulum, Sub focus or Modestep.
I brought this album on offer for £7 but the normal price is £9.99 HMV
Summary: A good album consistent album