Product Type: Huggies Nappies & Wipes
Newest Review: ... like huggies do. Other brands I've used smell much nicer and in my opinion my babies smell much cleaner and fresher after using them unl... more
Pure wipes my arse (are they)!
Huggies Pure Wipes
Member Name: reddanni
Huggies Pure Wipes
Advantages: Non greasy wipe.
Disadvantages: Ingredients not as pure as they make out.
I have been using Huggies Pure wipes since my daughter was a few weeks old. I received a pack free when pregnant along with several samples of other brands. It was great that I could try different wipes without buying a whole pack to see which we preferred.
Huggies Pure wipes really stand out on shops shelves in colourful blue and red packaging with a baby laying on their back naked. They open by a sticky resealable tab on the top of the pack. The tab does not reseal perfectly but for us we get through a pack so quickly that this has never been a problem. They have recently changed the packaging and made the corners softer and the tab easier to open.
Each pack contains 72 wipes, white in colour with a teddy bear embossed all over the wipe. The wipe itself is very strong, I have never had one break when cleaning my daughter but they will tear if you purposefully rip them so not to be left with little ones unattended.
The packaging claims gentle cleaning like cotton wool and water however don't be fooled by the description of 'pure' ,the ingredients list parabens and chemicals so long I couldn't pronounce. As for gentle cleaning, I used cotton wool for the first week or 2 then went onto wipes. These wipes were my favourite I do think they are less harsh compared with others but the main advantage is they are not as greasy as others. It states there is no perfume used and are alcohol free, they don't really have a smell to them so I do believe their claims.
They have lots of different uses not just for nappy changes. We have a pack in the kitchen to clean my daughters face and hands after meals, others I know use them as leather sofa wipes!
I usually buy these from the Boots website as a box of 9 packs for £7. At 77p each pack they are cheaper than some supermarket own brands although normally £2.49 a pack they are always on some sort of buy one get one free offer.
Aqua, potassium laureth phosphate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, tetrasodium EDTA, methylisothiazolinone, methylparaben, malic acid.
Summary: My preferred brand
More reviews in the field of Nappies & Wipes
- Pampering myself!
- How To Wipe Away Dirt From Almost Anything
- Wiping Up After Yourself!
- What's that smell? Not your baby, but the nappie!
- its the asda price
- A good bog standard wipe
- Great for having fun and not worrying
- Mamia Baby Wipes - just the job for wiping little bottoms!
- Mamia very happy, baby very clean :-)
- Soft and Gentle for the whole of baby
- Asda Great Stuff Sunshine Fruits Toilet Training Wipes
- Boots Krazy Kroc Toddler Fragrance Free Wipes
- Close Parent Pop-In Nappies
- Asda Great Stuff Fragrance Free Toilet Training Wipes
- Asda Smartprice Baby Wipes
- Pampers Baby Dry Junior Plus
- Pampers New Baby Size 2 Mini Nappies
- Go Travel Kids Neoprene Bib
- Tommee Tippee Explora 20 Disposable Bibs with Crumb Catcher
- Tommee Tippee Essentials Basics Comfi Neck Catch All Bib