Newest Review: ... There is a little touristy area, though, with cottages that visitors can book to stay in. We stayed in a little cottage called Dragon Cotta... more
Beautiful traditional english country
Member Name: pinkmuppet
Advantages: stunning scenery
Disadvantages: twisty roads so kids get sick!
The yorkshire dales is renowned for one of englands toughest challenges, the yorkshire 3 peaks, comprising Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen Y Ghent, all to be completed within 24 hours, I have done Pen Y Ghent and the views from the summit are amazing.
The Yorkshire Dales is like stepping back in time, beautiful unspoilt countryside, sheep everywhere you look, farms, lovely little villages, great pubs (Black Sheep and Theakstons are unmissable) and eminates traditional english country life.
Some of the best locations to head for are Malham, home to Malham Cove a massive 200ft limestone cliff that you can often see people climbing on, and Gordale Scar, beautiful waterfalls.
Grassington is another lovely town and they have a great market here, some nice shops and good pubs again, just what you need after a good walk through the dales.
There are loads of beautiful riverside walks (Burnsall to Grassington is a good one) and loads of waterfall walks that the kids will love
Summary: great walks and lovely villages and some great beer in the pubs here!!
More reviews in the field of National Park
- A great way to find a place to stay in the lakes
- The Lake District - a must-see
- simply stunning
- The most wonderful part of England
- Wonderful National Park
- Ben Nevis experience
- PARK LIFE At Hainault Forest Country Park
- A great place to take the kids (of all ages!)
- The countryside in the city
- See global warming in action - not!
- Irchester Country Park
- Hainault Forest Park
- The Grand Western Canal Country Park
- Walsall Arboretum (Walsall, West Midlands)
- Becketts Park (Northampton)
- Carnfunnock Country Park (Northern Ireland)
- Royal Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire)
- Craig-y-nos Country Park (Wales)
- Rutland Water Nature Reserve (Rutland)
- Westwood Woodland Park (Hampshire)