* Prices may differ from that shown
In my opinion, netbooks are really only useful for basic word processing or other desktop publishing software whilst on the move, however you wouldn't expect the punch this little computer packs, rivalling even a decent laptop! It can run a surprising amount of applications concurrently, even with just 1GB of RAM. Too boot, the computer is relatively fast. I never get lag or experience any impatience waiting for anything to load up - in short, it just feels like a laptop, only smaller!
The Samsung name is a good bet for electronics. The products are reliable and of a high quality, and always seem to be at the top the most stylish. I admit that the name alone was significant when I chose to purchase. It is (not surprisingly) small and carries a satisfying weight that lets you know it's built from solid, high quality materials. The back cover is a gloss piano black that seems to resist scratches and fingerprints for the most-part. The Samsung name is also embossed on the back in silver, and a nice red trim runs around the edges.
The keypad does not feel significantly smaller, it is easy to type on and feels soft/ergonomic, in keeping with the rest of the netbook.
If possible, you may want to stick with Windows XP as an operating system. After all, you want the computer to perform well, and few people would insist that having Vista or Windows 7 is of any benefit. Having said that, mine is on Windows 7 Basic and it works well enough!
The battery lasts a good length of time. 10 hours, as described seems realistic, but continuous usage I would quote something closer to 5 hours - still quite impressive.
I would certainly recommend this to all in search of decent netbook. Reliable, quality, good performance all-rounder. This purchase represents very good value for money.
I have owned a number of laptops over the years and also have a desktop, but after seeing a friends netbook i decided to get myself one. After extensive research i settled on the N110 and can say i am not disappointed. This netbook has effectively replaced my desktop and older laptop for all but the most processor intensive tasks.
Here's a quick run of some of the plus points and down sides (although most have good work arounds)
+ It is light and really portable. I travel with work a lot and whether i put this in with my luggage or work laptop bag, you will hardly notice the weight
+ The keyboard feels brilliant. It really is satisfying to type with
+ The screen is really clear and bright. I have watched loads of films on this
+ Althought not powerful, you can still run Windows 7 on this comfortably (even with most features on). That said it is best to turn off some of the more fancy visual effects
+ It is silent and does not get warm
+ The battery life is brilliant. It runs for hours and charges quickly
And on the down side
- If this is your first netbook you will need to get used to the lower screen resolution. To be honest its not that much of a problem and a good workaround is to add a button to the toolbar on your web browser so that you can quickly switch to full screen view
- The keyboard layout is a bit different to other computers i have used - e.g. the right shift key is small, Home and End are accessed by pressing the fn key. Its annoying at first but you get used to it
- The processor is not as powerful as other computers i have. It does not matter that much and you can still have an email application, web brower, music software open at the same time. But HD video can sometimes struggle. Its worth playing around with the netbook when you first get it to make windows run a bit faster
- It comes with 1Gb of memory which is fine for Windows XP but worth getting an upgrade to 2Gb for Windows 7
Overall its a great product and so good to use