Newest Review: ... the beauty swap in a cut scene whenever you lose the game, which contains some slightly adult humour. So all in all the story is cliched ye... more
Banjo's not Pooey
Member Name: Adkiman
Date: 22/07/01, updated on 22/07/01 (24 review reads)
Advantages: HUGE lifespan, loads of puzzles, Funny, cartoony style
Disadvantages: Rare but annoying blocky graphics, Speech takes up too much room, Just a fraction too easy
Rareware have always delivered great games and this is no exception. As an 11 year old Nintendo fan I have quite a lot of experience of several platform/puzzlers. Easy controls, a huge amount of moves and a bright cartoony style make this a great one. Banjo-Kazooie is a great game for platform/puzzle fans.
One annoying thing is that the bulky appearance can get TOO bulky. For example, when a character speaks, the speech balloon fills up around a quarter of the screen, so when 2 people are talking, you lose half the playing area!
There is no end to the great, puzzling fun with thousands of hidden bonuses. Even after you've defeated the final boss enemy, you'll want to get every musical note, jigsaw piece, hollow honeycomb and all the other collectable items.
It takes AGES to finish so provides good value for money. I feel it would appeal to kids more but is intended to be a family game. (If only my parents were willing to play it with me!) It's an absolutely BRILLIANT game. The pop-up gags add to the cartoon element of it. Well worth getting.
More reviews in the field of Nintendo 64 Game
- Shadows of it's former self
- One of the most entertaining and original platformers on the planet
- Turok poo
- Every story has a beginning
- Pokemon Puzzle rules
- slapstick claymation fun, but certainly no Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat
- Worth buying an N64 just to own this game, amazing 4-player fun
- Big Money. Big Prizes. Big game with plenty to offer. I love it!
- Super Mario Kart (SNES) - The classic game stands the test of time
- A great game