Newest Review: ... is quite disconcerting when entering what appears to be a short tunnel, and finding out it is longer than you thought. However, the PlaySta... more
<Crazy Laugh> WIPEOUT!
Wipeout 64 (N64)
Member Name: Boriski
Wipeout 64 (N64)
Date: 14/09/01, updated on 14/09/01 (103 review reads)
Advantages: Graphics, Soundtrack, Playability
Wipeout 64 is the advanced member of the Wipeout series for the Nintendo 64 (hence the 64 suffix) it follows in the footsteps of the highly successful wipeout, wipeout 2097 and all the other members of the franchise. It is a futuristic racing game which involves you piloting sort of hover ships armed with all sorts of groovy weapons. You take part in races containing fifteen entrants at high speeds round all sorts of long and winding circuits.
#Graphics & Sounds
The graphics of past outings were impressive but this unsurprisingly tops them all. Modern dance music pumps out of your TV as you speed round at ridiculously high speeds which gives the player a real adrenalin rush.
This is the main reason for the success of this game. It basically oozes modern coolness basically and it requires a higher level of focus than most games of the same genre which is responsible for its addictiveness and really long shelf life.
The game is very responsive to the normal N64 pad (the one included with the machine), having not played it using any other pads I cannot comment on those. I can recommend this game on the basis of the normal pad and thus i expect it can if anything only be better on improved controls
The game shines in two player mode as you get to compete in a fashion that very quickly becomes extremely competitive. The four player mode is seriously not recommended though trying to all play using one screen unless it is absolutely massive.
Even with a great multiplayer though, the one player races are great so you can play this pretty much 24-7 aloneor in a group.
All in all this is a great game with a long life ahead of it if you buy it.
More reviews in the field of Nintendo 64 Game
- PERFECTion nearly covers this!
- Could this game get any better? Well it just might! Play Online?
- Mario Kart 64 - Nintendo's finest mess
- Time to play the game.....
- Legend of Zelda: Masterpiece of our times
- One of Nintendo's best ever all time classic games that defined a generation
- Everyone's favourite but mine
- Top Gear Hyper Bike (N64)
- Turok Dinosaur Hunter - N64 (N64)
- Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey '98 (N64)
- Scooby Doo! Classic Creepy Capers (N64)
- Turok 3 (N64)
- Daffy Duck Starring As Duck Dodgers (N64)
- The World Is Not Enough (N64)
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (N64)
- Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko (N64)
- Doom 64 (N64)