Product Type: Nintendo Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... handy in later missions. You get to control a whole range of vehicles which cause destruction. This include aircraft, ships and land vehi... more
Advance Wars (DS)
Member Name: Neenawneenaw
Advance Wars (DS)
Advantages: Fantastic military strategy scenarios
Disadvantages: Graphics not as good as later episodes
Advance Wars is a great fun, challenging and stylish military strategy game. As you make your way through the game you get a greater choice of weaponry and commanders to use (each with their own special military skills) in different scenarios.
You must use power and brains to defeat the evil opposition and win through. But while the backstory is engaging enough and holds the many different battle scenarios together, it's the gameplay and tactics of each individual battle that grips the attention. There are some predeployed battles, but you choose what to deploy, whether it's direct/indirect combat units, attacking or defensive strategies, land, sea or air units. You also have to deal with fog, rain, snow affecting the weather conditions.
I was hooked from the start - in fact this is probably the first game that I started playing regularly on the DS (and so is now responsible for my mini-addiction!).
Summary: Great strategy game for the DS
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- Arguably the best game on the DS
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
- Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
- My Childhood - Repeated
- Harvest Fishing - A simple, fun timewaster.
- Pokemon Black: A Great Addition in the Series
- Good Game but not as easy for my daughter as i thought!