Product Type: Nintendo Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... on the screen, in time with the music (Hence the 'Elite Beats' title). The story is completely pointless and cartoony (in fact, it i... more
Dancing men in suits save the nation
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Member Name: Auryvf
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Advantages: Very addictive and just great fun
Disadvantages: Early levels too easy, later ones too difficult, not brilliant music and no training mode.
Elite Beat agents is easily one of the most addictive games I've played in a very long time. The gameplay is simple enough, there are several missions, each tells a different story and during the mission you simply have to tap the screen when promted, usually to the beat of the music or along with the words to the song.
The stories themselves are bizarre; dancing men in suits (the agents) somehow manage to help a babysitter ask a rugby player out or help a taxi driver get a pregnant woman to hospital among other stories. The stories are funny and at times quite charming as well.
It actually took a while for me to get into the game, the songs are not the original versions which was a bit of a turn down and they don't always have anything to do with the stories, also on the easiest mode the promts are too few and too far between to be a challenge and they don't really seem to be in time with the music.
There are four difficulty levels in total, the last two are unlocked upon completing the easier difficulties, I at least found that the game became much more fun the harder it got and it does become very hard. It took me at least 20 attempts to complete the last mission of the hardest mode but by that point I was so addicted it never stopped being fun. However this brings me to the last small flaw in that there is no practise mode.
Summary: Elite Beat Agents is a brillantly addictive game which, while not flawless, I strongly recommend.
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- Mario is back, bigger than ever!!
- Absolute Rubbish
- More pokemon to catch and a bigger world to explore!
- A full on RTS game arrives to the DS in style.
- A great strategy game that offers a lot of depth
- Just call me Hercule Poirot
- A zoo in the palm of your hands
- Foxy Fighting
- Do you speak animal?
- A shadow of his former self
- Imagine Detective Adventures (DS)
- Imagine My Boutique (DS)
- Thundercats (DS)
- Transformers: Ultimate Autobots Edition (DS)
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - Decepticons (DS)
- Totally Spies! 2 Undercover (DS)
- the Nightmare Before Christmas jack Pillow (DS)
- Imagine Dream Wedding (DS)
- Imagine Teacher: School Trip (DS)
- Imagine Wildlife Keeper (DS)