Product Type: Mindscape Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... the family and changing it to your surname, but these options are slightly limited, and the characterisation in the game is slight... more
Family Fortunes DS
Family Fortunes (DS)
Member Name: psychosmartie
Family Fortunes (DS)
Advantages: Good 'filler' game
Disadvantages: poor characterisation
Family Fortunes on DS is based on the revamp of the classic game show, now hosted by Vernon Kay. Vernon Kay features in the game as the commentary voice, and there is also a cartoon version of him acting as the presenter.
In the game you get to act as one of four different families, in both one and two player modes. There is an option for customising the family and changing it to your surname, but these options are slightly limited, and the characterisation in the game is slightly odd to say the least.
You play the game in rounds, just like in the television programme, guessing the responses when 100 people were asked a particular question. It's a bit of a shame that you don't get a chance to input the answer yourself by typing it in (though i am glad it doesn't rely on the voice recognition of the DS). Instead there are a list of plausible options for you to pick through.
Still, despite these bad points, i enjoy the game as a good one to fill ten or 15 minutes, or when i am on a short bus/train journey and don't want to get hooked into a more complicated game. There are some nice little touches to it, that mae it feel more like the TV programme, such as the opportunity to 'win' spot prizes.
You do have to read the questions quite quicly to select your answers, especially in the final round, but it can get quite competitive when playing a two player game and trying to win, or trying to mae it to the top of the scoreboard in single player mode.
For the £10 price tag the game currently sports, its a nice little game to play for short amounts of time, and something thatall the family will be able to have a go at and enjoy!
Summary: Good little family game to fill a short space of time
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- A decent game, but the PC version is a safer purchase
- Rooms: The Main Building
- Possibly the best RPG i've played on a handheld.
- A remake that lives up to its name!
- PictoImage is doing something done a hundred times before.
- We're all going on a summer holiday...
- Did not conquer my expectations
- The Sims, but not as we know it Captain
- Just call me The Doctor
- Bombs away...
- Best Friends: Cats and Dogs 3D (DS)
- Jewel Link: Safari Quest (DS)
- Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 1 (DS/DSi)
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (DS)
- Wappy Dog - Bundle (DS)
- I Did It Mum: Spelling (DS)
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS)
- Crayola Treasure Adventures (DS)
- Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery Of The Mummy (DS)
- Active Health with Carol Vorderman (DS)