Product Type: Sega Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... screen what you think the image is of. It can be hard to work out what it is, for instance one of them is just 8 lines drawn vertically on ... more
PictoImage is doing something done a hundred times before.
Member Name: Jenraux
Advantages: Lots of images to work out
Disadvantages: Single player gets boring quickly as does multiplayer, poor writing recognition, should be free
Well i bought this game together with mysims for £15 each (2 for £30 in Argos).
Mysims was possibly worth it, this however, i must say, was not.
It feels like a game that deserves to be put on the DSiware store, more like an independantly developed game that someone slapped together in a few months.
The basic's of the game are this: An image is shown on the top screen, and you must write in at the bottom screen what you think the image is of. It can be hard to work out what it is, for instance one of them is just 8 lines drawn vertically on the screen, which could be anything. There are a couple of hundred of these if not more if i remember correctly. (i no longer own the game)
The mode can be quite fun, it'll be hard to finish them all without a little help from your friends, but you'll manage it eventually. Unfortunately this is the only decent single player mode.
Multiplayer mode happens as you would expect it too, one player is shown what he must draw, he draws it, then the other player must guess what he's drawn. Unfortunately even if you guess what the other player has drawn with 5 seconds left to go, you still probably won't get it as you won't be able to draw the word in fast enough with your stylus, coupled with the games problem at detecting what your writing. I have trouble with most DS games where it thinks my 'e' is an 'o' but PictoImage is worse than this. The game can be played wirelessly, but i believe it may have a same console mode of play, it also supports download play.
Really all you would buy this game for, is a couple of hundred puzzles on the single player side of things, and to be honest, you can just do this on a PC, there are a lot of web browser flash games that are the same thing as this, and they are free.
I wouldn't even say this game is worth a fiver, go online and play a free version over the internet with your friends.
Summary: They're charging a lot of money for a game that can be gotten for free elsewhere, dont fall for this
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- A decent game, but the PC version is a safer purchase
- A great remake of a classic, just doesn't feel quite as good as the original.
- Possibly the best RPG i've played on a handheld.
- A remake that lives up to its name!
- An incredible puzzle game for the DS.
- Portable Hanjie
- Can't Believe Nobody On Here's Reviewed It Yet
- A great transition to touchscreen
- A great sequel
- This game shouldn't be nearly as good as it is.
- Jewel Link Legends of Atlantis (DS)
- LEGO Ninjago (DS)
- Mahjong Mysteries Ancient Athena (DS)
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (DS)
- Animal Life: Australia (Nintendo 3DS/ DSi XL/ DSi/ DS Lite)
- Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Ruins (DS)
- America's Next Top Model (DS)
- Anno: Create A New World (DS)
- Bakugan: Battle Brawlers (DS)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Mobilized (DS)