Product Type: Rising Star Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... crops, fishing, mining and wood chopping. You can also explore the village and make friends with other villagers. In the village there... more
Another excellet game in the Rune factory series
Rune Factory 2 (DS)
Member Name: Silverina
Rune Factory 2 (DS)
Advantages: An interesting story, a lot of skills to master, hours of fun
Disadvantages: You cannot ulock all parts of the game until you have a child
This game is part of the Harvest Moon series, however Being Rune Factory it has slightly different approach. You start the game a boy and get a house and a farm to run. You can perform various actions like planting and gathering crops, fishing, mining and wood chopping. You can also explore the village and make friends with other villagers. In the village there is a message board from which you can accept quests from other characters which is different from the first game in the series.
Besides farming you can also explore the areas outside the village where you can fight monsters and plant seasonal crops. The game has 4 seasons, with different crops to plant during each one. The monsters can also be tames and used to help around on the farm.
Another aspect of this game which makes it different from its predecessor is that you cannot fully experience the game as an adult, you first have to marry and have a child of your own. You can then choose to be a boy or a girl and explore the rest of the game. There are many interesting crafting skills to master and this game can be enjoyed for a very long time (My current save file has more than 50 hours of game play and it is not yet finished).
Summary: A great game and an imporvement from its predecessor
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- Gripping game
- Will Curiosity kill the game?
- Not what the doctor ordered
- Who Knew Pokefever Could Last So Long?!
- Really good game
- Great idea, not so great in the flesh
- Alice in wonderland
- Fancy reading a really dull book? then this game is for you...
- A lawyer who's actually likeable = the gaming achievement of the decade?
- A remake of an original game, and it shows.
- Jewel Link Legends of Atlantis (DS)
- LEGO Ninjago (DS)
- Mahjong Mysteries Ancient Athena (DS)
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (DS)
- Animal Life: Australia (Nintendo 3DS/ DSi XL/ DSi/ DS Lite)
- Anno 1701 (DS)
- Viewtiful Joe (DS)
- Go Pets : Vacation Island (DS)
- Urbz: Sims in the City (DS)
- Happy Feet (DS)