Product Type: Nintendo Nintendo DS games
Newest Review: ... nowadays they've kind of lost their luster, at the time they were great games, now they've been copied, cloned, remade ... more
Not as good as the GBA version
Yoshi's Island (DS)
Member Name: karen74
Yoshi's Island (DS)
Advantages: Bigger screen and clearer graphics to state the obvious
Disadvantages: Not as many useful goodies to win with bonus games
After owning Yoshi's Island on GBA for a few months previous to buying it on the DS, i was really looking forward to all the extras that the DS format could offer. Although still a good game for the kids i was quite disappointed with it. For a start there are none of the useful prizes you could use on the GBA version - such as the magnifying glass to show where the red coins are located or the 10+ or 20+ stars option to help complete the levels fully. I can't help thinking that they could have done a lot more with this game, and the price is way too much for the content and playability compared to games like Spiro, Super Mario Bros etc. The length of time it takes to complete Yoshi's Island is way too short, but, the kids like it and that's it's target age group so who am i to judge!
Summary: I much prefer the GBA version. Not worth the price!
More reviews in the field of Nintendo DS Game
- Yoshis Island DS
- Relaxation in a cartridge!
- Super Game
- Brain Building
- 42 not out
- Fun for absolute every age of DS gamer
- We're all going on a summer holiday...
- Time Hollow DS: The game where you really can turn back time! (however it is sho ...
- Did not conquer my expectations
- Colonies, pirates and all that...
- Best Friends: Cats and Dogs 3D (DS)
- Jewel Match 3 (DS)
- Jewel Link: Safari Quest (DS)
- Imagine: Fashion Designer (DS)
- Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 1 (DS/DSi)
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (DS)
- Puppy Luv Spa and Resort (DS)
- Spanish for Everyone for Nintendo (DS)
- Imagine: Babyz (DS)
- Imagine: Master Chef (DS)