Product Type: THQ Wii games
Newest Review: ... never used the Wii before, but picked this up easily!! There are a few different game modes once you get into the menus. The first is ... more
Fun, but tricky for smaller kids
Member Name: NotQuiteCockney
Advantages: Has Lightning McQueen
Disadvantages: Race selection menu cute, but hard for kids to use
My kids really loved this game, but they'd love anything with Lightning McQueen on it. They needed a lot of help to play it, though - the main menu, to select races, is done in the form of Radiator Springs.
This is a really cute idea, but unfortunately, if you're 6, it just makes life hard. My older boy spent a *lot* of time just driving around, frustrated and annoyed, trying to find a race to have. I don't think I really got the hang of navigating the town, either, to be fair, but I was less interested than he was.
The racing itself is nicely done, and my kids really loved it. I don't think they'd play it for that long though - I think this is one to rent, not buy.
It's frustrating how much smaller kids want to play video games like this, but the games really aren't set up for their age.
Summary: One to rent, not to buy
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- Medal of Honor - Vanguard (Wii)
- Zumba World Party - Bundle Pack with Belt Accessory (Wii)
- Virtua Tennis 2009 - Championship Pack (Wii)
- Victorious: Taking the Lead (Wii)
- Turbo Super Stunt Squad (Wii)
- We Sing 80's Incl 2 microphones (Wii)
- Balls of Fury (Wii)
- Sea Monsters (Wii)
- Driver - Parallel Lines (Wii)
- Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End (Wii)