Product Type: Activision Wii games
Newest Review: ... me initially was how easy it was to set up and play, the guitar that came bundled with the software only required the Wii remote to be pl... more
Member Name: sik86
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii)
Advantages: Easy to play and setup, excellent music selection
Disadvantages: No downloadable content
After playing Guitar Hero at a friends house I was instantly hooked to the easily accessible nature of the game play and the fantastic music to play along to. This led me to take the plunge and purchase Guitar Hero 3 days later.
What struck me initially was how easy it was to set up and play, the guitar that came bundled with the software only required the Wii remote to be plugged in and all was ready to go. The variety of songs on offer was varied (from old Black Sabbath to bang up to date Killers), I think anyone of any age would find several songs to suit them, my personal favourites being the old grunge tracks from the likes of Smashing Pumpkins.
A word of advice for any newbie players would be to quickly increase the difficulty to Medium as soon as you can so that you don't get stuck in a rut of easily completing every song.
The lack of downloadable content for this release of Guitar Hero is a let down, but the sheer volume of tracks mean you will not become quickly bored. If you have friends around to play often, then investing in another guitar is a great investment.
All in all, this is a great introduction to the Guitar Hero series, but hardcore fans may be wanting of more content that is available on other console platforms.
Summary: A great game that places gameplay above all else
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- A Well Made Game That Has A Few Wii Teething Problems
- Probably one of the best Wii games on the market right now.
- Childhood memories
- Wii Fit- a replacement for the gym??
- Smashed it?!
- Best Exercise !
- A Trip to Wuhu Island!
- Relatively standard FPS on Wii
- An excellent game but the wheel doesn't add much
- Possibly the worst wii game ever...
- Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails (Wii)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Wii)
- Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - Black (Wii)
- Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus (Wii)
- We Sing: 2 Mic Pack - Incl 4 port USB hub (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360) (Wii)
- We Sing 80's Incl 2 microphones (Wii)
- WII JUST DANCE 2014 (Wii)
- Summer Athletics 2009 (Wii)
- The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)
- The Last Airbender (Wii)