Product Type: Ubisoft Wii games
Newest Review: ... hear a preview, find out the difficulty and sweat values and see the current Hi-Score or you can select the Song Selection menu option whi... more
Just Dance with me!
Just Dance 3 - Special Edition (Wii)
Member Name: MikeBorry
Just Dance 3 - Special Edition (Wii)
Advantages: Brilliant way to get fit and have fun.
Disadvantages: None in my opinion.
Just Dance 3 - Wii
As I already own Just Dance 1 & 2 it was inevitable that I would buy the third in the series. My husband noticed it was on offer at Play.com for £14.99 and asked me if I would like it.. Would I?? Oh yes please!!
The Just Dance games are an excellent source of exercise whilst being so much fun, the games have improved along the way and Just Dance 3 is, as can be expected far better than the first one.
For those unfamiliar with the Just Dance games for the Wii console I will give a brief description ~
The game is like a dance competition, you have to follow the on screen dancer and do the moves required in order to fill your points meter. Gaining more points will lead to you getting your high score on the song choice screen and it can get quite competitive.
You can play alone or in a group of up to four people.
The aim is to dance as closely in rhythm to the on-screen dancer, the remote senses your movements which are calculated into points. It also detects how energetic you are and your points are also based on this!
You have to hold your Wii remote as instructed, failing to do this will result in your moves not registering and you will get a lot of 'misses', ensure you are holding the remote correctly and follow the moves as near perfect as you can and you will see the word 'perfect' in your meter, this will earn you more points!
The score ball meter has the following words which come up for every move ~
X - meaning you didn't get the move so a miss.
OK - You hit the move, but it wasn't quite right.
Good - You nearly had the move in sync with the character!
Perfect - Just right, you made the right move at the right time!
Some moves are worth more points, these are gold moves and are indicated by a gold coloured symbol in the dance bar running along the bottom of the screen and also by special effects surrounding the dancer. For these you will see 'Yeah' written in the score ball meter.
Getting a few good or perfect moves in a row will set you 'On Fire', it's here you can more points. Your Wii remote will give a sound and you then know you have got it!
After each dance you get your score up in a bar containing stars, the bar fills up and below this is your 'Style' comment. You will also get a Mojo circle and filling this results in you earning unlockable content such as a special dance or a new game mode, it's easier to fill the Mojo meter with more than one player as all stars earned count towards this.
You will also receive medals for meeting specific conditions.
Just Dance 3 has a brilliant song list of 49 songs with more downloadable songs through the online feature.
These are the 49 songs included ~
1. 2 Unlimited - No Limit
2. a-ha - Take On Me
3. Aretha Franklin - Think
4. Bananarama - Venus
5. Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
6. Cee Lo Green - Forget You
7. Countdown Mix Masters - Beautiful Liar
8. Daft Punk - Da Funk
9. Danny Elfman - This is Halloween
10. Donna Summer - I Feel Love
11. Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
12. Girls Aloud - Jump (For My Love)
13. Groove Century - Boogie Wonderland
14. Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
15. Janelle Monae - Tightrope (Solo Version)
16. Jessie J featuring B.O.B - Price Tag
17. Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg - California Gurls
18. Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You
19. Laura Bell Bundy - Giddy On Up (Giddy On Out)
20. Lena Meyer-Landrut - Satellite
21. Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
22. LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
23. Madness - Night Boat To Cairo
24. MIKA - Lollipop
25. Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland - Promiscuous
26. Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited
27. Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
28. Rita Mitsouko - Marcia Baila
29. Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid
30. Robin Sparkles - Let's Go To The Mall
31. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
32. Sweat Invaders - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
33. Taio Cruz - Dynamite
34. The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
35. The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl
36. The Sugarhill Gang - Apache (Jump On It)
37. Tommy Sparks - She's Got Me Dancing
38. Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances
39. The Girly Team - Baby One More Time
40. Ladies Of Africa - Pata Pata
41. Dr. Creole - Baby Zouk
42. Reggaeton Explosion - Boom
43. Inspector Marceau - The Master Blaster
44. Johannes Brahms - Hungarian Dance No. 5
45. Bollywood Dream - Kurio ko uddah le jana
46. Latino Sunset - Mamasita
47. Anja - Dance All Nite
48. Konshens - Jamaican Dance
49. Sentai Express - Spectronizer
There's numerous game modes available which help keep the game entertaining time after time, there's a mode which is called 'Hold my Hand' in this there can be up to eight players with every two people holding one remote, again you follow the on screen instructions.
I have unlocked some of the 'Dance Mash-Ups'. I really like this as it stops you getting to familiar with the one dance, a mash-up will consist of one song having the dance styles of numerous songs available. It keeps the game fresh and interesting.
Some of the songs are soloist, but more than one person can dance along but you will be following the same action whereas a few require more dancers upto four people to make it interesting.
Taio Cruiz's Dynamite is one of these songs that have four different dancers to choose from. My son and I were dancing along to this yesterday and we got really confussed at first as we couldn't remember what dancer we choose at the start screen! Once you do get the hang of it though it is fun.
I also like to have a good dance with the girls, three of my friends came up on Saturday for a drink and once my hubby and the boys were asleep we put this on!
The four of us, me with a swollen foot (from having a tattoo), my cousin with no glasses so squinting at the TV (which is not small) and my 2 friends crammed into the living room. Drinking and dancing go together so well but trying to actually look good, whilst copying the moves and gaining points whilst a little tipsy does not. I am so thankful my blinds were firmly closed! My neighbours would have had a right laugh at us!
You don't need brilliant co-ordination to play this game and the song choices mean it suits girls, boys, women and men of all ages. I can't wait to have a good boogy on Christmas day!
My brother even joins in with Just Dance despite having two left feet! My grandfather also attempts it before sitting down and having a good laugh at us!
I like the Just Sweat mode, this is the exercise mode and you have to collect sweat points. This requires you to dance the same as you would in the normal mode but it helps you keep track of your exercise. You can follow your progress both daily and weekly.
The Wii is a great console for games like this as the graphics are pretty basic and no more is needed, the dancer is easy to follow and you know where you. I really like this game and have had so much fun with it already. If you have the other two I would recommend you get this and if you are thinking of buying the Just Dance games I would pass on the previous two and just get Just Dance 3 as the improvements are brilliant and the content is much greater.
(Also posted @ Ciao under same name)
Summary: A brilliant dance game, suitable for the whole family.