Product Type: Ubisoft Wii games
Newest Review: ... hear a preview, find out the difficulty and sweat values and see the current Hi-Score or you can select the Song Selection menu option whi... more
Just Dance 3 - huge collection of songs and some new features
Just Dance 3 - Special Edition (Wii)
Member Name: rackerss
Just Dance 3 - Special Edition (Wii)
Advantages: huge track list, unlockables, achievements now awarded, good exercise
Disadvantages: can't see score as you play, requires a lot of room
At our house we have been loving the Just Dance series. We started with Just Dance 2 and then decided to buy the third instalment (Just Dance 1 is still on our wish list - hopefully someday soon so I can't really compare with it).
Just Dance 3 is very similar to the Just Dance 2 - the object of the game is the same; to copy the dancer on the screen in time to the music. It's a very simple concept reminiscent of the dance mats in the good old days, but it measures your hand movements instead of your legs.
The dances have more novelty value than Just Dance 2 - I'd say they're a lot funnier and I've found myself laughing out loud a lot more. A lot of the dances have 2 or 4 players which interact with each other to tell a bit of a story and you can play even if you don't have four remotes - and you'd need a LOT of space to have four people doing the dances without hitting each other. We struggle in our small living room with two dancers.
=So what's new in Just Dance 3? =
One of my favourite new features is a points system called 'Mojo' - for every star you get in a dance (and if two dancers are playing both of your stars count) you get a Mojo point and these add up to progress you to the next level. After each new level upgrade you get a 'gift' which is usually a new track, a new remix of a track or a new type of gameplay (e.g. Simon says). These unlockables add an extra element of excitement to the game and make you want to play for longer and do better. In addition there are certain awards you can win for lots of different achievements such as 'perfectionist' for not getting a single miss in a song. There's also an option to see all the songs in a grid form instead of the line - it also tells you what songs you've already completed.
A downside to the game is that you can't see your score as you play - just a bar that fills up. You only get a score at the end. While this is not a big deal, it's an unnecessary and slightly annoying change they didn't need to make.
Full track list is:
1. 2 Unlimited - "No Limit"
2. a-ha - "Take On Me"
3. Aretha Franklin - "Think"
4. Bananarama - "Venus"
5. Black Eyed Peas - "Pump It"
6. Cee Lo Green - "Forget You"
7. Countdown Mix Masters - "Beautiful Liar"
8. Daft Punk - "Da Funk"
9. Danny Elfman - "This is Halloween"
10. Donna Summer - "I Feel Love"
11. Duck Sauce - "Barbra Streisand"
12. Girls Aloud - "Jump (For My Love)"
13. Groove Century - "Boogie Wonderland"
14. Gwen Stefani - "What You Waiting For"
15. Janelle Monae - "Tightrope (Solo Version)"
16. Jessie J featuring B.O.B - "Price Tag"
17. Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg - "California Gurls"
18. Kiss - "I Was Made For Lovin' You"
19. Laura Bell Bundy - "Giddy On Up (Giddy On Out)"
20. Lena Meyer-Landrut - "Satellite"
21. Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
22. LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock - "Party Rock Anthem"
23. Madness - "Night Boat To Cairo"
24. MIKA - "Lollipop"
25. Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland - "Promiscuous"
26. Pointer Sisters - "I'm So Excited"
27. Queen - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
28. Rita Mitsouko - "Marcia Baila"
29. Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - "Somethin' Stupid"
30. Robin Sparkles - "Let's Go To The Mall"
31. Scissor Sisters - "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'"
32. Sweat Invaders - "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"
33. Taio Cruz - "Dynamite"
34. The Buggles - "Video Killed The Radio Star"
35. The Chemical Brothers - "Hey Boy Hey Girl"
36. The Sugarhill Gang - "Apache (Jump On It)"
37. Tommy Sparks - "She's Got Me Dancing"
38. Wilson Pickett - "Land of 1000 Dances"
39. The Girly Team - "Baby One More Time"
40. Ladies Of Africa - "Pata Pata"
41. Dr. Creole - "Baby Zouk"
42. Reggaeton Explosion - "Boom"
43. Inspector Marceau - "The Master Blaster"
44. Johannes Brahms - "Hungarian Dance No. 5"
45. Bollywood Dream - "Kurio ko uddah le jana"
46. Latino Sunset - "Mamasita"
47. Anja - "Dance All Nite"
48. Konshens - "Jamaican Dance"
49. Sentai Express - "Spectronizer"
As you can see this is a very varied track list with many different styles - there's really something for everyone and with three difficulty levels and three effort levels you can work as hard as you like. If you play for more than a couple of songs you really start to feel worn out - it's exercise but it's fun and suitable for all levels of fitness.
Summary: a great game for all music tastes and all levels of fitness
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- Cabela's Big Game Hunter (Wii)
- Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 Senior Year (Wii)
- Disney Sing It (Wii)
- Disney Infinity Starter Pack (Wii)
- Beyblade Metal Fusion : Counter Leone (Wii) including exclusive toy (Wii)
- SSX Blur (Wii)
- The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Wii)
- Eledees (Wii)
- Happy Feet (Wii)