Product Type: Nintendo Wii games
Newest Review: ... in a 2D format, advancing from one side of the screen to another. I am really glad that Nintendo decided to stay true to past games i... more
if you love the original super mario bros you'll love this
New Super Mario Brothers (Wii)
Member Name: lizzielou3
New Super Mario Brothers (Wii)
Advantages: very playable and everyone loves this game
Disadvantages: can get frustrating in mutliplayer if you dont want to got the same direction
this is an up to date game based on the original super mario bros. aim of the game? run through the levels collecting coins to increase your lives, getting power ups to help you defeat enemies, pipes to find new levels and special items to help you fly/turn into a penguin/ shoot fireballs etc.
still very expensive but in my opinion well worth the money. this can be played with up to 4 players on the same screen although it can get confusing at times when you all want to go in different directions. the children love this game as when we all play together they can pick my character up and throw him down the holes or into the enemies which they find hysterical.
very very playable. the old favourites are all still there ghosts, plants, turtles etc. the main boss characters at the end of each level are very cool really made us laugh but some are very tricky to defeat.
we bought this game over a year ago and we still play it a lot even now. you can save the game on the way but sometimes you have to complete 3 or 4 levels in a row before being able to save which on the harder worlds can become frustrating.
you also have the ability to fly over some distances and ride on yoshi. yoshi adds a great level of fun too as you can eat the enemies then spit them out at other enemies or as the children do eat a turtle then spit it out so it hits my character!!! still very good fun
even after fully completing this there are loads of bits ive missed out and shortcuts to find so i have replayed it to try and find these.
its everything youd want and more from a current super mario game and the controls are still as simple and easy as the original - jump and fire and shake the controller to fly.
another new addition to this game is the penguin suit which im not so keen on but the kids love to get as he throws snowballs and slides along.
overall excellent game
Summary: best up to date version of the mario brothers available
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- Time to have a Wii-ly fun-karting time!
- A decent ride
- Wii-ly good game
- fun but far better if you have a great sense of humour and a group of you partic ...
- best fun you can have in a family group at home
- great for little kids and big kids alike
- fun but limited
- Great Game - Back to the old school days
- Finally an FPS shooter for wii
- Wii Sports Resort
- NewU: Fitness First Personal Trainer (Wii)
- The Beatles Rock Band (Wii)
- Guitar Hero 5 - Game Only (Wii)
- Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - Black (Wii)
- Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus (Wii)
- Wii Mini Red (Wii)
- WII LEGEND OF ZELDA:SKYWARD SWORD (Wii)
- WII JUST DANCE 2014 (Wii)
- Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (Wii)
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Wii)