* Prices may differ from that shown
Ok, I am one of those people where if I get an idea in my head, I have to do it. I saw an advert on TV for this product and that was it. I had to buy it, there and then. Now if I had researched it a little, shopped around a bit...I probably wouldn't have bothered shooting out the door to HMV and buying it. I may have gone on Amazon where it is £15 CHEAPER! Or I may have just not bothered. The reviews for this game are SHOCKING! Released on 12th November 2010 this game has an average customer review of 2.1 out of 5 stars and is ranked 399 place on the amazon bestsellers! Not a number to be proud of considering the PC version is one of the bestselling games of all time!!
The home computer sensation finally arrives on consoles, with even more options to help create your own interactive soap opera, as you pamper and torment the people of your very own virtual city.
Specially adapted for each format, The Sims 3 on home and portable consoles lets you create sims with their own unique personalities, desires and life goals - as well as new mini challenges such as getting your first kiss or best friend for life.
It's up to you whether they fulfil their dreams or not as you unlock new karma powers to either curse or bless them as you see fit.
The powerful customisation tools let you design both the sims themselves and the homes they live in, as you fill the open world city with your own creations. Or you can go online and download new objects and designs as you share and enjoy your sims with other fans.
Key Features :
* Welcome To Simsville: The best version of The Sims ever on consoles, with all the features from the PC game and more, plus amazing graphics and online community options.
* Create-a-Sim: Create and mould your own sims exactly as you want, from facial features and fashion sense to personality types and life goals. Create any Sim you can imagine and give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims' appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different.
* Karma Chameleon: Use the new karma powers to give your sim a helping hand with the 'instant beauty' or 'get lucky' power - or punish them with an 'epic fail'.
* Build and Share: Join The Sims community online and download items and sims created by other fans around the world - or upload your own creations to put them on show.
* Format Specific: Let your friends know how you're doing with special integrated Facebook option on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 or use the new direct control method on Wii.
* Play The Sims with friends! Get a friend in on the action in the all-new co-op mode. A second player can join the fun as a gnome who can help--or hinder--your Sims. You can also play the new Life Moments Game with up to four players. Bet on life's most important moments to earn points and garner rewards.
* New Content! Enjoy an all new beach town with new residents, traits, careers, weather, and lifetime wishes exclusive for the Wii.
Price: £19.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
You Save: £15.00 (43%) @ AMAZON
Well... I haven't played on "The sims" in about 5 years prior to buying this game but since a Wii is the newest addition in our household I thought I would give it a go...and to be honest I think the game has less to it than it when I had it all those years ago. I find the Wii stick a bit of getting used to and it's not the most person friendly game, for example whilst on build mode you can't hide the walls of the property meaning it is very hard to design the house. I have actually found though that if you only have one sim in the family you don't actually need a house - you can just do everything in other peoples homes!!! However if you have 2 sims then the other person not being controlled ends up walking around like a lost puppy and will eventually die!!
I have tried so many times to get an additional 'gnome' to join my game as described above but cannot work this out at all!! I like the fact you have an aim to the game with the 'opportunities' and 'wishes' which appear like a thought bubble above your sims head. The multiplayer 'life moments' game is NOT worth playing - rubbish and a complete drag (waste of time!)
The graphics on this game are really good however there are not as many clothing options for your sims as I would have liked but I believe you can download these from the internet.There are quite a few glitches on the game, it freezes a lot and the whole time you play you can hear the disc spinning around.
All in all, even though I don't seem too happy I do enjoy the game. I think it's worth getting but if you are a big sims fan probably don't bother as you will be disappointed!! If I were to buy this again I would buy it at discount not at full price! I give this game a 5/10. Any questions are welcome :)