Product Type: Nintendo Wii games
Newest Review: ... I had got onto the game I was lost I read and re-read the instruction manual to understand the controls needed and whilst I was able to... more
Member Name: lolly23
Advantages: It's Wall-e!
Disadvantages: It's pants! Hard to play and very boring.
I bought this for my son as he loves anything Wall-e related. It is also classed as a U rating so I thought it would be suitable for him, he is 4 (although still better than me at the majority of our Wii games!).
Bad idea! You need to simultaneously use the controller and the nunchuck, one for moving him around and the other to adjust the camera angle. Now this is difficult for some adults to achieve, never mind a child!
The actual game is just as difficult. On one section of the game you have to:
build rubbish cubes
position Wall-e in front of a target
position the camera
zoom in to the target
re-position the camera
fire the cube
then quickly reset the camera so you can jump over a platform before it goes away again.
Way too much for a young child to co-ordinate!
And that is just the first level!
The game is also very repetitive. I love playing games but barely managed to reach the second level before losing the will to live!
On the plus side... Wall-e is very cute, he can spin around and transform in to a cube and there is a cute soundtrack to accompany the game. The graphics are great and it is very true to the film.
I would not recommend this game for younger children - my son likes the game simply because it is Wall-e but he cannot play it, he simply spends ages spinning Wall-e around and transforming him in to a box.
This game is probably best for children aged 8+ as they will have the skills to play the game and will still be young enough to enjoy the fact that it is Wall-e.
Summary: Don't bother!
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- House of the Dead Overkill: Guns, Zombies and Swearing...What more could you wan ...
- Mariokart Wii: good for adults and children
- Run down on the games
- You will plat this again and again!
- Lightsaber it aint but good enough
- Bigger. Better. Partier! Family fun ahoy in this outing from Mario and his crew ...
- Discover another world - and it's real
- What have they done to this franchise?
- Don't play this alone at night - it's creepy!
- Why is that dude with a bag on his head running towards me with a chainsaw?