Product Type: Nintendo Wii games
Newest Review: ... and it will gradually be hit more to the right. You play to sets best of 1,3 or 5, and you can play with up to 4 players (this game ... more
Fun exercise when you understand the instructions.........
Wii Sports (Wii)
Member Name: Kipperkid
Wii Sports (Wii)
Advantages: Gets you doing a bit of light-hearted exercise
Disadvantages: Don't understand how to do the boxing
As the classic, seriously overweight, couch potato type, who also loves computer games, I bought a Wii to try and encourage myself to move a bit more with the sports type games and Wii FitPlus.
The disc I keep coming back to is Wii Sports - there are 5 sports, bowling, baseball, tennis, golf and boxing. There's a training mode which allows you to practice particular skills in these sports, a daily fitness test which checks your performance on a random selection of the training tasks, and you can actually play the sport - you select how many people are playing, and off you go.
I have to say I love the bowling and have successfully made it to pro status on this, which I haven't done on the other sports.
Tennis is my second favourite although I'm pretty pathetic at it - still, it gets me moving and I enjoy it, I think I am gradually improving, but it sure is slow progress!
Baseball, I was totally useless at to start with, keep missing the ball (but then I always did in rounders in real life so that's probably no surprise!). Again I am gradually improving but got a long way to go.
Golf, I don't tend to play this as often, although when I do, I enjoy it, not sure why I don't play it more.
The boxing has me completely flummoxed, you use both the nunchuk and the remote for this and I can't work out how to control them at all - whatever I do with them, the results on screen don't seen to follow any consistent pattern. I've read and re-read the instructions and still haven't a clue - sometimes a get a really good score (for me!) and most of the time it's a lousy score but I don't know what I have done different between the two! For this reason I've only rated the sports disc a 4 - if I knew what to do with the boxing I would give it a 5.
Summary: Good way to get moving if you don't normally
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- Outta my Way! Mario and Friends coming through!
- I wonder why they bothered
- If exercise is a dirty word to you, this might just be the answer!
- Cursed Mountain!
- Samba,Hip-Hop, Modern, or.. a bit of Dad's shoulder dancing
- Simple and surprisingly unique considering this game's age!
- Shooting Stars
- Cold, but not cool
- Play tennis in your living room
- Finally an FPS shooter for wii
- Virtua Tennis 2009 - Championship Pack (Wii)
- Victorious: Taking the Lead (Wii)
- Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus (Wii)
- We Sing: 2 Mic Pack - Incl 4 port USB hub (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360) (Wii)
- We Sing 80's Incl 2 microphones (Wii)
- Spider-man: Friend or Foe (Wii)
- Anubis II (Wii)
- Billy the Wizard (Wii)
- Ninja Bread Man (Wii)
- Alien Syndrome (Wii)