Product Type: Nintendo Wii games
Newest Review: ... itself. ==---Gameplay---== Players control Shulk and two other characters at a time as they travel on their journey across the open wor... more
Brilliant return to Wii RPG gaming!
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Member Name: Lulzaroonie
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Advantages: Long game, engaging storyline, pleasant battle system
Disadvantages: Voice acting is a bit cheesy, some actions are a little fiddly to carry out.
This is a brilliant RPG for the Wii.
Gamers who have played a lot of RPGs might find this similar to Final Fantasy 12, which is great for me, since I actually loved FF12.
Set after a time of peace between Homs (humans) and Mechon (mecha), the colony comes under attack from the Mechon. Two great titans battled endlessly in a valley, one Bionis fighting for the Hom, and one Mechonis, fighting for the Mechon. Timelessly they raged, until nothing but their shells remained, still locked in their eternal violent embrace.
Enemies appear on the screen in real time, and you can engage them immediately. Some enemies can detect you depending on their nature. Some might have good eyesight, and if spotted from afar, they could attack on sight. Some might detect the vibrations of your footsteps and come from hiding to attack.
In a similar vein as FF12, there are also 'marks' to fight. People request you take down some dangerous monsters and are rewarded for your time. These are sometimes slightly larger and considerably more powerful variations of monsters already on the field.
Unlike many RPGs, 'grinding' isn't a chore, and is in fact not something you even realise you're doing, since as you are usually undertaking some job or another from various people, you will be asked to collected materials dropped by monsters anyway.
The story is engaging and sweet, and sometimes sad.
I find the voice acting grates on me a little, though it breathes life into serious characters.
Still a relatively pricey game for the Wii, you're looking at spending still more than £30 for it despite it having been released a while back now.
The storyline is surprisingly long, which is great, since many RPGs lack in decent story time.
Summary: Brilliant game, and a must have for RPG lovers and Wii gamers
More reviews in the field of Nintendo Wii Game
- You can be a Detective If you want to!!
- Rune Factory, a fun Frontier for Simfarming
- Peppa pig Wii game
- I wish I'd got one sooner!
- Feeling Sporty?
- Fab Group Game
- A Must for any Toy Story fan of any age
- Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise: A cute, but VERY challenging rhythm game.
- When I say go, we go.
- Mickey the Hero.
- Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant (Wii)
- Cars: Race-O-Rama (Wii)
- Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii)
- Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - Black (Wii)
- Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus (Wii)
- We Sing: 2 Mic Pack - Incl 4 port USB hub (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360) (Wii)
- WII LEGEND OF ZELDA:SKYWARD SWORD (Wii)
- WII JUST DANCE 2014 (Wii)
- Cooking Mama 2: World Kitchen (Wii)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Deadly Intent (Wii)