* Prices may differ from that shown
Now I have enjoyed using this book and making some of the projects, so I'm sure it will benefit many knitters who want to use up their stash of single balls remaining from bigger projects (or single balls that were an irresistible colour or texture and cheap in the sale, if your stash is like mine)!
* Lightweight, soft back book which is a user-friendly square size, making it ideal to pop into your project bag and keep with you.
* Good graphics, clearly set out. Lots of project images at the front, each with their own name and page number so you just turn to that page in the book. The projects are sorted out by yarn weight, so it's great for stash-busting: if you've got the ball of yarn in front of you, you can turn to the relevant weight in the photo section and find a pattern / idea that you like the look of - although there are elements of this that could be improved (see below).
* Lots of patterns and projects mean that this book works out pretty good value for money, to the point where it saves you money if you use it to turn your one-off ball stash into useful items and gifts.
Just be a little wary of:
* The 'one-skein' part of the title is a little misleading! Several of the items actually feature more than one colour, so the title means no more than one skein of each colour in these items - you could actually be using several skeins on the go overall. Hasn't affected my overall use / enjoyment of the book, but it is something to be aware of before purchasing!
Even better if:
* It was more UK-knitter friendly. Clearly it's available in the UK but has none of the more useful elements that a UK knittter (like me) would appreciate. The book is organised around yarn weights, but this are all in the US-speak. Having the UK equivalent printed somewhere in the book would be very useful for the UK knitter. I've remedied this by jotting down the UK equivalents onto a post-it which I keep in the front section.
* Although the photos at the front are good, there are no repeat images within the pattern section - not even a thumbnail! It would be useful to have this extra visual to refer to within the pattern, rather than have to check back in the front section.
* A little more colour could have been added into the glossary section. The how-to images there include a contrast colour that doesn't really jump out with what you are meant to do - having a better contrast here would be useful.
* I am also publishing this review on Ciao under my 'full' name PlaysNicelyWithOthers :-)