Newest Review: ... found in a library book return box and was then adopted by the library and the town in general. Overall it is a heart-warming story whic... more
Member Name: nodbod1
Dewey: A Small Town, a Library and the World's Most Beloved Cat - Vicki Myron
Advantages: Heart warming
Disadvantages: A bit overly sentimental, no happy ending
I just had to buy this book because Dewey looks just like my cat! Now they say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I decided not to worry about that!
The book is about a cat who was found in a library book return box and was then adopted by the library and the town in general.
Overall it is a heart-warming story which is not only about a cat but also about the lives of the people who care for him and come into contact with him.
It is a bit overly sentimental (and I'm a cat lover) but this was to be expected really and it wouldn't make much of a story if it wasn't.
If you have a cat it will make you chuckle at their little ways - Dewey does a lot of the same things that my cat does - playing with the Christmas tree every year and such like!
I felt that the book started a little slow and the over sentimentalism is very evident but it then seems to warm up as you grow to know and love Dewey.
I was a bit upset that there wasn't a happy ending! I don't see why Dewey couldn't have lived forever!
Summary: Judge this book by it's cover
More reviews in the field of Non-Fiction Book
- An Enlightened Empress
- Great for weaning babies
- As it says on the book FROM FIRST FOODS TO FAMILY MEALS!!!
- Bad haircut, good writer
- Be prepared for a weird and most fascinating read
- EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE ..........I'll be watching you.
- Stunning artwork must have for any Bioshock Fan!
- Very helpful towards abstract reasoning. Not so much in other areas
- David Beckham - David Beckham
- Difficult Men: From The Sopranos and The Wire to Mad Men and Breaking Bad - Bret ...
- Daily Rituals: How Great Minds Make Time, Find Inspiration, and Get to Work - Ma ...
- Craig Bellamy: GoodFella - Craig Bellamy
- The Small Garden Handbook - Gay Search
- Mums: A Celebration of Motherhood - Sarah Brown
- Love Letters of Great Men - Ursula Doyle
- Without Conscience - Robert D. Hare