Newest Review: ... what you want through positive thinking and breaks this down in terms of money, relationships and health. It uses quotes from some well kn... more
A great book to read but don't tell anyone.
The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
Member Name: shuttlex
The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
Advantages: Seems to work
Disadvantages: Considered quack, no scientific evidence
The Secret is all about what they call "the law of attraction". Your thoughts reflect your surroundings. So for example if you only think of a negative outcome negative things will happen. On the other hand if you think positively good things will happen. There are a lot of quack books available to read full of psycho babble on "positive thinking" so it would be easy to assume that "The Secret" is another quack book. However the secret is slightly different. It doesn't tell you to just "be positive" but also to imagine the outcome you desire. You have to use a lot of imagination. You see apparently everyone in this universe is interconnected so your thought directly influence your surroundings. Having tested out the theories in the book it seems to work. Some strange things have happened which I can only put down to this book.
If you're looking for some direction I highly recommend The Secret. Your mental state of mind is an extremely important one. Whether you believe it works or not I recommend giving it a try. The only drawback is it does take a lot of concentration. For those with busy lives with plenty of things or their minds following The Secret could be difficult. If you do follow the book, it would be better to keep it to yourself since many people will consider it "quack".
Summary: Everyone should try it at least once
More reviews in the field of Non-Fiction Book
- Fantastic guide for the first-time dinosaur owner
- Teaches the 5 disciplines of yoga
- Free your spirit and fulfil your dreams
- Comprehensive review of the reintroduction of top-order predators
- Remember, Remember the 5th November........
- Ever wondered why goats look so scared?
- A little book of beauty tips
- A few useful tips, but not for me overall.
- Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 7 - Charlie Waite
- Art of Frozen - Charles Solomon
- Hook, Line and Singer: A Sing-a-long Book - Cerys Matthews
- Doctor Who: Who-ology - Cavan Scott
- The Naked Jape: Uncovering the Hidden World of Jokes - Jimmy Carr
- Distraction Quiz Book - Jimmy Carr
- Wolf Brother: Chronicles of Ancient Darkness Book 1 - Michelle Paver
- A Humument: A Treated Victorian Novel - Tom Phillips