Product Type: SUCK UK Novelty Toy
Newest Review: ... out on his back, with the right had side of his body being completely flattened in just the right shape to place down a mug of coffee, as i... more
Morph?? Speak to me Morph!!!
Suck UK Splat Stan Coaster
Member Name: Burning_Darkness
Suck UK Splat Stan Coaster
Date: 04/07/10, updated on 04/07/10 (39 review reads)
Advantages: great idea, very funny, makes a great gift
Disadvantages: overpriced despite being so cool
A lot of novelty toys strike me as a waste of money, but then there are the odd ones that I just see and absolutely have to get. Suck UK's Splat Stan Coaster is one of those things. It's a wonderfully simply and very amusing concept, namely a little plasticine-looking (but actually moulded plastic) figure lying flar out on his back, with the right had side of his body being completely flattened in just the right shape to place down a mug of coffee, as if it was you that murdered the poor little fellow in the first place by hammering him with a coffee-cup before he had time to make his escape.
It's a morbid but endearing little idea, that will appeal to anyone that has ever got momentarily irritated with Morph's indecipherable twitterings and felt a sudden urge to reach into the tv set and flatten him with a well-aimed fist. Whereas some of Suck UK's plastic figure range (eg their similarly flattened bookmark figure) come in garish colours, this one is a much less offensive (yet still very vibrant) orange colour, and is very well shaped, conveying the atmosphere of a plasticine crime-scene extremely well ("move along, move along, nothing to see here...").
It's pretty much guaranteed to raise a smile the first time anyone sees it, and as such makes for a great little present for anyone whose sense of humour leans towards the darker side, and whilst it is very expensive for a single coaster at over £6 plus postage, it is amusing enough to justify this price tag at the end of the day.
Alas, poor Morph, I knew him well........
Summary: overpriced but worth it all the same!!
More reviews in the field of Novelty Toy
- Good idea for novelty toy
- attractive, durable but insultingly priced door-hanger
- a fun little stationary item but way overpriced!
- They forgot the volume control!
- An evening of Clairvoyance with..........
- A fishy tale
- "You are gold...." (and really cheap looking!)
- A portable groan device....... that isn't me!
- Hawkins Bazaar Rainbow Springy
- Moshi Monsters Series One Hansel
- Little Big Planet Nathan Drake Sackboy Keyring
- Aston Villa Personalised Engraved Hip Flask
- Past Times Bagpuss Yawning Toy
- Disney Cinderella Glitter and Glow Night Light
- Zeon Tech Finger Drums
- 7 in 1 Games Table
- Bandai Puchi Puchi
- Sharp-end Cat Pencil Sharpener
- Bluw Finger Drums