Product Type: Thud Novelty Toy
Newest Review: ... is a little smaller than a tennis ball. Young children may find them a little large so the smaller version may be more appropriate. They g... more
Good for begginners and pros alike
Thud Juggling Balls
Member Name: Thony
Thud Juggling Balls
Advantages: Soft, great to juggle, cheap, durable, come in lots of different colours
Disadvantages: Vinyl will split eventually
I have been juggling with Thuds for years now. They are for many jugglers the staple prop in their arsenal, right beside the flaming torches and razor sharp knives.
Thuds are made of 4 coloured panels of vinyl covered material, containing about 120g of seed. The material is elastic so they squash nicely in your hand making them easy to catch and control. They come in a variety of sizes from tiny to huge 1kg monsters, but the standard size is a little smaller than a tennis ball. Young children may find them a little large so the smaller version may be more appropriate. They generally cost around £2-3 each depending on where you buy them.
These are widely used amongst jugglers for a reason. They are a good weight for comfortably juggling anywhere from 3 to 5 balls for extended periods of time without getting worn out. It is possible (with a bit of practise) to juggle 7 of these, although I prefer to use something smaller and lighter when attempting this many. They good for passing between jugglers as well and because they're soft won't cause injury when they hit you/someone else accidentally.
A set of thuds will last for several years if you treat them nicely. I've had a couple of sets now and whilst I've never had one burst on me the vinyl covering will eventually start to crack and peel. When this happens the ball starts to loose it shape. This can be avoided or at least delayed by not dropping the balls onto concrete. Better still never drop them at all. Having juggled near a swimming pool I'm can confirm that these balls do float, although I'm sure if you leave them in the pool long enough you'll be diving to the bottom of the deep end to get them.
I would warn everyone that if you give these to teenage boys they will, with complete certainty, end up throwing them at each other.
You really can't go too far wrong with a set of these. They remove any excuses that other inferior balls might offer, so you won't be able to blame any shortcomings in your juggling skill on the balls!
Summary: A great juggling ball regardless of ability.
More reviews in the field of Novelty Toy
- Q. What did one magnet say to the other?
- Chocolate shop
- It's A Netball
- You Spin Me Right Round Baby, Right Round
- Saves Time, Quick And Easy
- What you say Buzz, I can't hear you ?!
- Great geeky gift for those 'hard to buy for' men in your life!
- Quirky melted chocolate doorstop gift for under £3 - a bargain
- Review for all of the Oidz magnets, Oidz, Asteroidz and Planetoidz + generic ver ...
- When Hanging a bloke is both appropriate and useful
- Aston Villa Personalised Engraved Hip Flask
- Past Times Bagpuss Yawning Toy
- Disney Cinderella Glitter and Glow Night Light
- Thumbs Up Granny Track Racers
- Maplin Plasma Ball
- Tobar Ring And Rope Puzzles
- High Tone Air Horn
- Solar Powered Wind Turbine Ready Made
- Rolling Stones Hot Licks Key Ring
- Simpson's Atomic Colour Changing Putty Mr Burns