Product Type: Clair de Lune furniture
Newest Review: ... OH to the spare room). And she slept through the night! After the second night attempting to put her down in the basket then giving up and... more
My little one would not sleep in it
Clair de Lune Palm Moses Basket
Member Name: Red51
Clair de Lune Palm Moses Basket
Date: 05/09/11, updated on 02/10/12 (67 review reads)
Advantages: looks cute, portable
Disadvantages: my little one wouldnt sleep in it
This review is based on my personal experience with this basket.
I purchased this when I was pregnant thinking that it would be useful as it was small portable ideal for day naps downstairs and sleeping in our bedroom. However, my daughter would not settle in it! After two weeks of sleepless nights, taking in turns holding the little one so the other could sleep, I gave up & put her down in my bed next to me (and sent the OH to the spare room). And she slept through the night! After the second night attempting to put her down in the basket then giving up and putting her in bed with me (after removing the duvet / pillow / OH) I could see a pattern. The next day I moved her full sized cot into our room, as I was not ready to move her into the nursery on her own at two weeks and she slepts brilliantly ever since.
The issues with the basket are as follows:
- It has a funny smell, the basket has a very pungent smell to it & I did not particularly like sleeping next to it, so I cannot image what it smelt like to her tiny nose inside it!
- The "mattress" if you can call it that is a thin pad of foam, on the hard surface of the bottom I cannot see it would be very comfortable.
- My little one likes to spread out! She would not be swaddled when the midwife did it in hospital and often was drifting off to sleep in the basket, did the falling thing throwing her arms out by her side and woke herself up hitting the side. My little girl was petite when she was born 6lb 10 in early baby grows, but this basket did not give her enough room.
- I bought this with the rocking stand which goes with it, and quite often rocked and woke my baby up when she wriggled.
- Also I dont understand why these baskets come with duvets as all the recommendations I see is that you should not use a duvet until the child is 1 year old & I very much doubt a 1 year old would fit in this!
I would not recommend this at all if you have a similar baby to mine.
Summary: If at all possible try to fit the cot in your room, you will get a much better nights sleep
More reviews in the field of Nursery Furniture
- Funky and fun
- Funky little table
- used by all the family
- The circus comes to town every night in our house
- What On Earth Is A Gro-Egg?
- My little boys big bed
- Baby CrazyEgg's Gro-egg
- Thomas & Friends My First Ready Bed- isn't the really useful bed it claims to be ...
- Mamas & Papas Moses Basket
- I Love My Bear Moses Basket
- Saplings Cot Top Changer
- Mothercare Hertford Cot
- Kiddicare Interior Collection Toddler Bed
- Kiddicare Interiors Collection Cot Bed
- Mothercare Jamestown Wardrobe
- Chicco Pilots In The Clouds Musical Cot Mobile
- Tudor Photo Giraffe Height Chart
- Hauck Travel Cot
- Mothercare Ashton Cot
- Mothercare Fun at the Zoo Mobile