Newest Review: ... and there is plenty of room for two children to play. Overall I do recommend the Pencil Table with Chairs as a lovely little nursery s... more
Pencils and chairs!
Pencil Table with Chairs
Member Name: MikeBorry
Pencil Table with Chairs
Advantages: Looks cool and quirky.
Disadvantages: A bit on the small side.
~ Pencil Table with Chairs ~
A few years ago my mum bought my children a little table with two chairs, my eldest son is too old/big for this but at the time my 8 year old and 5 year old fitted on it okay, they were 6 and 3 at the time, and it was bought from Wilkinsons.
I am not sure as to why my mother bought this design of table and chairs but I suspect it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing!
The set came flat packed in a rather small cardboard box, on the front was a simple large sticker showing the items inside.
Upon opening the box, I found that everything needed to be put together. Underneath the table were four holes into which the pencil shaped legs screwed in, the chairs were the same.
The set is nicely coloured in red, blue, green and yellow with the 'rubbers' on the bottom of the pencils being pink.
The table dimensions are 40Lx60Wx42Hcm so as you can see it isn't very big, but a perfect size for two little ones to have their tea, do some drawings, puzzles etc.
The table top in red, and the legs are blue, red, yellow and green, the legs look like the top of a pencil with a grey/sliver area and then the pink 'rubber' the rubber isn't rubber at all, it is just wood!
The chairs have the same colourings, but the backs of the chairs have the bottom of the pencil with the nibs.
It looks quite cool and funky but doesn't really go with my decor at all!
It has lasted really well as my 5 year old and 14 month old use it now, more so my 14 month old who also likes to use the chairs as a walker! He holds the back of the chair and toddles along pushing it in front of him.
From what I can remember the colours haven't faded at all and apart from a few slight scratches it still looks really good, it is still very sturdy which I am happy about.
I have found it available online at Smyths for £24.99, and at Amazon priced in the region of £35.
It isn't very big and is more suited for the age range 1 - 4. My 5yr old does sit by the table now, but it is a bit of a squeeze, my 14 month old fit's it perfectly.
For the cheap price it's a nice table and chairs set.
Thanks for reading :o) x
Summary: A nice set for the home.
More reviews in the field of Nursery Furniture
- Cute baby mobile
- Anyone can have Spiderman as their own personal Superhero
- A Whole Other Level Of 'Cute'
- A fishy bedtime!
- Mothercare Safari Dreamshow
- I Love My Bear Moses Basket
- Always deal with the suckers individually.
- Mamas & Papas Moses Basket Millie & Boris
- Adding that finishing, personalised touch...
- From My Little Monsters - To Daddy Monster!
- East Coast Rocking Moses Stand
- Izziwotnot Maize Moses Basket Stand
- Obaby Folding Moses Basket Stand
- Obaby Rocking Moses Basket Stand
- Lollipop Lane Furniture Classic Moses Basket Stand
- Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
- Mothercare First Impression Gift Kit
- Born To Play Thomas & Friends Table & 2 Stools
- Lifemarque LittleLife Arc 2 Travel Cot
- Argos Thomas The Tank Engine Stackable Storage Unit