Newest Review: ... as they satisfy my taste for kitsch yet sophisticated jewellery every time. What I found handy in my preteen years were the clip on earr... more
Expensive, poor quality and tacky rubbish!
Member Name: Megasaur
Advantages: Variety, nice lip balms
Disadvantages: Green ears (lol), tacky, deer, poor quality
Claire's ( Accessories ) is a shop aimed at tweens and teens. It is a young girls dream - it has everything they could possibly want to look good. Belts, makeup, false nails, jewellery, nail polish, hair accessories and hair basics like hairbrushes, bands and bags can all be found in this store. Claire's is available all across the UK, and you're sure to have one near you.
I used to go in here a lot thinking it was so good but now I realise it was all just plastic rubbish. When you are at the pre-teen stage you don't realise that the silver earrings are poor quality, and that the gold make your ears turn green. You don't realise that £10 for a little handbag that looks so tacky is not worth that money. You don't realise.... well, never mind.
Here are the good and bad things of Claire's Accessories :
1. The variety of products on offer. It can please almost any girl, whether they are a total girly girl into High School Musical and Hello Kitty, to girls more into goth, will skulls and black.
2. How many stores there are across the UK. You won't have to travel too far to reach your nearest.
3. You can get your ears pierced there. In store.
4. The lip balms. They have loads. I just got one that smells like Cookie Dough a good few weeks back- and it's still half full.
1. The ear piercing service. I said in the Good about getting your ears pierced in store, but that doesn't mean the actual piercing is good. I'm sure almost all girls get their ears pierced there. Though it's ridiculously expensive and at my local Claire's it is done in the corner, all squashed up with everyone to see. It's not cool to have loads of people crowding round you with 2 members of staff each holding a gun to an ear. And they do nothing about the crowd.
2. The quality of the products. They may look awesome but they will not last long at all.
3. The size of the store. They are tiny, with things crammed on any shelve possible. And some parts in the middle of nowhere?! What if a wheelchair bound customer wanted to get round for a necklace or something? There would be no space for them to move around.
4. Some staff. Don't get me wrong, there are some very nice staff members who are there when you need help and serve you as quickly as they can. But the majority of them stand about gossiping, sighing when you ask for help and keep you waiting, trying to MAKE you buy this nail polish since it's on a 3for2. But I don't WANT it! And they're also handing you bags/baskets as soon as you come in when you don't need one. Even if I did I could do that myself!
5. The prices. Earrings for £3.50 ? That may sound cheap but for 1 or 2 pairs that turn your ears green are not worth it. And I also saw this bag that was tiny and an awkward shape, for £15. Woah.
So, overall I don't really like this store. It's all plastic, tacky and poor quality which is not worth the price. I guess it is a Heaven for pre teens and teens but not for me! I don't recommend this store for accessories, cheap places like ASDA do lovely jewellery for half the price. If you're looking for quality, avoid this place like the plague. I guess I'm not going back there for a while then.
Hope my review helped you.
Summary: Avoid if Possible