* Prices may differ from that shown
I know alot of people that dont trust shopping online, I however LOVE IT! What could be better than shopping without having to even get out of bed and face the crowds? You do however, have to be careful of the websites you use to make sure they are trustworthy, missselfridge.co.uk is one of the ones i trust (and use) the most!!
The website itself look very stylish and modern, it is easy to navigate your way around as it is categorised into Clothing/Accessories/Shoes/Dress Shop/Going Out/Sale and Special Offers/ New In etc. These are also categorised again to make browsing really easy. When veiwng the items the pictures are fairly big and clear and the price is displayed below, this simple layout makes browsing really easy. If you click on an item you are interested in you are then taken to a page where you can zoom in/veiw the pictures in different angles which gives you a really clear veiw of what you want to buy. It also gives you ideas of what would go with it which is a nice idea.
The websites accepts most credit/debit cards as well as paypal and once you've made an account they remember you so you dont have to fill it in every time which is handy. The package and posting costs £4 which i think is quite alot compared to some other websites i have used.This is howver a fixed price, so no matter how much you order you only pay the one price and if you spend over £80 it's free. With a standard delivery it should reach you in 3-5 days but my order came the next day which i was really impressed about.
I was really impressed with the website as i found it really easy to navigate, the clothes/accessories are gorgeous and fashionable and whenever i have ordered something it has been really well and safetly packaged. Which is good if like me you order a delicate piece of jewellery, mine was tightly wrapped in bubble wrap and masking tape and wasn't at all tangled or damamged, which i had been slightly worried about. I would reccomend using this website to anyone but i would order a few things to make it worth it 'cos i orderd a necklace which came to £2 in the sale but the P&P came to double that!!LOL
I'm quite funny when it comes to shopping online as I would much rather go to the actual shop. Shopping online can pose all sorts of problems like fraud, wrong sizing, the clothes look totally different and most of the time you can get the cheaper in store. However I made an exception the other day when I was shopping online on missselfridge.co.uk as there had been some jewellery (see the other reviews!) that I really wanted and as you could pay with Paypal I decided to give them a go. I am really glad I did because most things about their website/services are great and the one issue I do have is a very minor one - Ill be shopping with this website for many years to come hopefully.
As when your shopping online on any website you will have to sign up and create your own personal account. This doesn't take very long to do and even though personal information is needed: full name, DOB, address that kind of thing that is nothing out of the ordinary very straight forward and easy to do. The website is very easy to find your way around and really well laid out. The different clothes and designs are all clearly marked in sections and you can search for specific items at the top - this search engine actually finds the exact thing your looking for though unlike most clothing websites.
I personally used my Paypal account to buy the items I wanted but there are a range of different payment methods like: Mastercard, Visa & Direct Debit which again you may have to enter some personal and account details if your paying this way. Ive found they have been very careful with my details so far though so I reckon you don't have anything to worry about. The clothes/accessories are quite well priced and you can get some great bargain particularly when they have a sale on so its definitely worth keep looking back if you have got your eye on something in particular.
The one annoying thing about this website in my opinion is that the P&P is £4 which even though I shop online a lot I find to be quite high. That is a fixed amount and that is whether you buy a necklace or 3 coats and a pair of jeans - so I reckon get your moneys worth and buy a lot at any one time otherwise that is way too expensive for me personally.
Easy to buy, they send you a confirmation email straight way, then another when it has been dispatched to you. I ordered my necklace and bracelet on Wednesday afternoon and they arrived on Friday morning - and I only used standard delivery. So I think that is really good personally. The items were well packaged, in great condition and arrived super quickly. I don't ask for anything more from my online shopping.
Ive read some reviews saying that the customer service is awful but as I never needed to make a compliant I cant really comment - I had a great experience with this site, Id recommend it to others and I'm going to keep using it myself. Just buy a lot at once to save on the P&P LOL!
Thanks For Reading
x0 Salz 0x
I love the design of Miss Selfridge's website. The colours used represent the products really well; they give the website a very vintage, neutral image.
It is quick and easy to find what you're looking for - either using the search box or the menu down the left-hand-side, and so shooping online can be much easier than on your high street!
The various ranges (e.g. dresses, jewellery, tops) are never overloaded, and so you don't have to scroll down loads of webpages until you find the right product; you can also select 'Show All' on some pages, which allows you to view all products on the same page, without having to keep pressing 'Next' or 'Previous'!
You can also buy the 'Last chance to buy' products - these are products which are almost out of stock, and so if something you want is not in a store, have a look in this section and you might be lucky and find the right product in your size!
There is always a Sale section, and so keep an eye out for great products at reduced prices!
Last time I shopped online, it was free delivery for orders in the UK over £80, and I think that offer is still on, which saves you about £4.
I would highly recommend shopping at missselfridge.com; some of the clothes and accessories are stunning, and it is quick, easy and hassle free to shop on the site - the delivery service is great and you can easily return purchases by sending them back by post or just taking them back to your local store!
I used www.missselfridge.co.uk, their official website for this first time this week. I have been to their website before but just to view. I discovered through a cash back site I could get 5% cash back on all online purchases, and was sent a free delivery code via email for being on the Miss S mailing list which you can join for free on their website.
I decided to have a quick peek onto the website which is always updated with the latest fashions. The site is very easy to use, with clothes seperated into different types eg trousers, jeans, tops and also into trends eg military or vintage inspired.This helps to make the site very easy to navigate around. Everything has a clear picture ot the clothes on an invisible manequin so you get an idea of what it would look like when tried on.
The site is colourful, vibrant and contains useful information regarding deliveries, store locator, help section and a members log in. Most sizes are in stock and sizes go from 6-18, however occasionally they start 8-16. I love how all their clothes are bang on trend and reasonably priced and very good quality. A lot of their shoes and leather type jackets are in fact non-leather so great for me as I'm a strict vegetarian.
Ordering is dead simple. You just select the size of the item which is next to the picture, click add to basket. You can do this on as many items as you want. When you have finished shopping and ready to pay juct clock on your shopping basket, top right corner. This has mini pictures and clothes description with size of your items. Simply double check all are correct and confirm. Then you go through a few simple steps of adding billing and/or delivery address then confirm. As easy as that! Everything is clear so you know exactly what your buying and how much it costs.
I got a confirmation email that day then a dispatched email the day after. My order came within 3 working days, well packaged, with the correct mailing details and the correct items. It also contained an itemised bill inside and a coupon for 20% off Fake Bake.
I was impressed with how easy and well organised the site is. It is very appealing and easy to use. It is sijmple to order, with help all the way through if needed. The delivery came in a fairly quick time, all items were bagged up, which is a benefit, as I hate it when you trry clothes on in a shop, fall in love, then realise it has a big dirty make-up stain and they have no more in your size! I liked the choice and the limited edition pieces. I would definitely use again, especially to get my 5% cashback.
I used to shop at Miss Selfridge on the high street, but like many others over the past couple of years I have been drawn into the bargains which can be found online as opposed to trekking into town. I wasnt aware that Miss Selfridge was online until recently whilst looking for a suitable dress for an upcoming wedding. I particular like the current grecian style dresses so I googled this and up popped the Miss Selfridge website.
Firstly, I found the design and layout to be very clear and simple. It is easy to select which type of garment you are looking for and then the category selected is then displayed for you. At present they also have a sale section online which can also be searched by size which I find to be a great tool, as often with sales you see an item you love but when you go for information on it you often find that there is no stock in your size, so this definitely helps eradicate that problem. So there I am looking for my ideal dress, and I decide to try my luck in the sale section. I was over the moon when I spotted exactly what I had been looking for, a beautiful drapey grecian dress reduced from £35 to only £15. It was blue in colour and featured a black elasticated waist belt which helped to make the cut look great and break up the block colour. Of course I didnt have to think twice about purchasing this, so snapped it up in seconds. I selected standard delivery as I had a code to get this free. It advised 3-5 days which didnt bother me as usually sites say this for example New Look/Asos and you end up with the item the next day. However my item did take the maximum 5 days to arrive. You do recieve an email once it is dispatched and you are then able to track the progress of your order and location online which is an added bonus.
So my dress finally arrived yesterday, I ran straight upstairs, put on the dress, fitted perfectly, but then I realised that the belt which was supposed to come with it was missing. After finally finding the perfect dress and waiting 5 days for delivery, it arrived incomplete.
I immediately rang customer services. The lady put me on hold and tried to contact the supplier and the stores nearest to me to see if she was able to locate a spare belt from anywhere. Unfortunately she wasnt. This left me very disappointed. I was advised that she would offer me a discount on the dress as I would now have to try and find a belt, however strangely she wouldnt advise how much this would be and simply said that I would recieve an email advising me of the amount. I am yet to recieve this email.
My experience with Miss Selfridge has left me very disappointed. I feel that the customer service was very poor and I think that something should be done to speed up their standard delivery to 2-3 days. I have now had to purchase a new belt to go with the dress which including delivery has cost me £11 nearly the same amount as the dress and I personally feel that Miss Selfridge should foot the bill for this.
Overall, I found the site very user friendly, but the customer service very poor. Delivery charges are reasonable but not cheap, however there are some free delivery codes around on the web, so these are worth using if you dont mind waiting a few days to recieve your item.
I have recently made a purchase online with Miss Selfridge and after the brilliant service I got I thought I should review it.
The website missselfridge.co.uk is very well laid out I have to say it looks as though they have put more effort into this then what the actual stores are like.
I also think that the website looks incredibly sohpicated and very luxrious as it is set our with the colours bronze and gold this I also think maybe because it is the winter months. In the centre it has models in clothes which have recently come into stock and on the left hand side is the items of clothes you can look through.
What I like about the website is that how the clothes are on the website is like an invisible mannicun is wearing them this is really helpful as you can see what the clothes are supposed to fit like. If you click on the clothes you can also zoom into the item really close so you can see clearly all of the detail on the item you are looking at.
There is a lot of choice of clothes and colours on this site as wel as having shoes, bags, accessories, lingerie and pyjamas there really is everything you could ever want on this site!
The delivery speed is excellent and within 2 days of ordering I had my item! Brilliant!
For me I definately prefer shopping online then the store when I'm looking for something from Miss Selfridge!
What can I say? Like most girls, one of my favourite things to do is shopping!! And if I'm bored at work on a Friday afternoon, then what's the harm in starting early with a little bit of online shopping??
Admittedly, I prefer shopping in stores rather than online but there are many perks to shopping online too such as shopping the comfort of your own home on a damp, miserable day, browsing the internet can be far quicker than looking through stores and quite often stores run out of the size you need if it is a popular item and size, but you are almost guaranteed they will have your size available online!
I have shopped in Miss Selfridge for many years and it is still one of my favourite places to shop. I have bought items from their online store many times before too as I like their style of clothing and I also find the layout of their site is well presented and easy to locate what you are looking for.
When you go to the Miss Selfridge homepage, you are presented with a list of items you can browse through on the left hand side such as handbags, tops, trousers, coats & jackets etc. You can also search a specific category such as "going out" or "sale" which makes it simpler and quicker if you have a specific thing in mind. By clicking on the "trend" icon on the bottom left hand side of the page, you are shown several images which puts together a few key items to give you the latest look. Once you have clicked on a specific category, such as "tops", a new list will appear underneath such as "going out tops", "casual tops" etc which makes it quicker and easier for the shopper to browse through to find exactly what they are looking for. I find this extremely helpful if I am in a hurry and am looking for something particular.
What I love about the Miss Selfridge website is that when you have found an item you like, you can click on it and zoom in to see more detail on the top and also what it looks like from different angles. Many websites show you the front of a top or other item of clothing and not the back so you don't really know what you are getting and paying for. The website also gives a brief description of the item you have clicked on as well as care instructions and what the item is made from. You can also find out about the delivery and returns process too which is clear to see. Miss Selfridge caters for a range of sizes from 6 - 16 which I think is wide range and will suit most people.
Ordering an item of clothing from the website is simple. You simply select the item of clothing you would like to purchase, select the quantity and size and then click "add to shopping bag". This is perfect if you would like to browse the website for another item of clothing as the items are all stored in your "shopping bag."
After you have selected all the items you would like to purchase, you simply click the shopping bag on the top right hand of the screen. From then onwards, you put your bank / credit card details in and your shopping with Miss Selfridge is complete!
I have to admit I haven't had any problems using Miss Selfridge's website so far and have used it a few times to purchase items. I always use their standard delivery service option although there is also an express delivery service which will speed up your delivery. Items I have ordered with the standard delivery service are supposed to arrive within 3 days of your order and mine always have except once when it arrived a day late. On this occasion, I did e-mail the customer services department and their response was prompt and my item arrived the next day.
I would recommend buying products from Miss Selfridge and will shop from their website in the future.
Whenever Im bored at one of my various temping jobs online shopping always seems to tempt me. Its the fact that I know Ive got my wages coming every Friday and so think I might as well work out what to spend them on before I even get them not an idea that works in favour of my bank balance as Im sure you can imagine! I use the excuse that Im just trying to keep up to date with the latest fashions and also whats going to be popular this winter, rather than the fact Im actually forming a mental list of what to buy at The Trafford Centre at the weekend. Miss Selfridge is one of my favourite shops at the moment and as such I thought Id tell you all about their online facility.
The brand Miss Selfridge arrived in 1966, right in the middle of the swinging sixties when fashion really seemed to take off. Miss Selfridge opened the doors to their first store with three key principles in mind - variety, individuality and originality. These principles are still apparently what they base their ideas on today in order to give women what they really want. Miss Selfridge now has some 180 stores worldwide, extending far beyond the UK and in places such as Malaysia and Warsaw. It aimed to cater in particular for the younger generations and today it still follows this idea with its clothing being aimed at the teenage years and those in their twenties and early thirties.
The Miss Selfridge homepage is very simple and thankfully uncluttered. So many other shopping sites attempt to advertise all their different styles, links, special offers, etc. on their homepage so as to tempt shoppers that they often end up in creating a messy page with far too many different sections thats impossible to navigate through successfully! The Miss Selfridge homepage offers a single picture in a large circle on the left hand side of the page of one of their latest trends while the right hand page is taken up with a series of options outlining the various sections of the site. The whole page is set against a white background with black outlining which is very eye catching and does certainly tempt the viewer. The only colour on the homepage is a pink colour in which the logo is written and also a small circle advertising the current competition to win £250 to spend on Miss Selfridge Petites range.
* Shop our Boutique this is the largest of the menu options and immediately will take you to a new page to allow you to view the Miss Selfridge boutique. This is basically the area which you can use to shop around the site and so will be reviewed in more detail below.
* Looks Lane this is advertised as being Miss Selfridges new market place where each month they will feature various supposed market traders and their stock. Its basically a section where the creators have made virtual stalls and market traders which once clicked on will simply link into their online boutique. In all honesty I dont really see the point to this area of the site as all the goods displayed can be found in the boutique anyway. It does however give you an idea of how to create outfits and what items look good together if youre looking for a certain look such as Romillys Vintage or Biba Lives.
* New in this Week here you can view the most up to date trends available from Miss Selfridge and the most recent additions to the site. Clicking on the link will again transport you straight to the boutique and a window showing all of the new stock so again this will be discussed below. As with regard to how up to date the items are they appear to be a real mixed bag, looking on the site today I came across half of the new winter stock in this section and then half the summer stock as well!
* Exclusives again this option will take you to the boutique area of the site and show you the exclusive items which are only available in the London store. This is actually a great bonus of the site in my opinion as if you dont live in London you dont stand a chance of ever really seeing items that are displayed here and you can guarantee that none of your friends will have them, unless theyre also avid online shoppers! Generally speaking the items are no more expensive than those youd expect to find in Miss Selfridge but I have found a couple of gems here that I wouldnt have done without using the site.
* Fashion Features this page is basically black with four coloured circles on it displaying different areas of the site. Theres one linking to the Looks Lane, one linking to the Vintage look which is featured on the Looks Lane, one called The Big Chill which will take you to a new page and show you a small selection of this seasons coats from Miss Selfridge and lastly the fourth circle offers you the opportunity to win a competition and prize from Miss Selfridge currently its to win £100 of Diva jewellery which is sold at Miss Selfridge and £200 of Miss Selfridge products.
* Trends this will show you three of the current trends which are being marketed by Miss Selfridge, for example Champagne Couture. By clicking on any of the trends you will be shown how to achieve that trend by buying products from Miss Selfridge as well as being offered tips on key items and colours for that particular style. Ideal if youre looking for advice on a complete outfit for a special occasion.
* All About Us here you can do various activities relating to Miss Selfridge including signed up for a gift card (basically like buying an electronic gift voucher for a present), information to allow you to contact the brand, signing up for an account card, locating your nearest Miss Selfridge store, a careers area giving you information on positions within the company and also the opportunity to apply and lastly a heritage area giving you a short rundown of the companys history.
* Hot Off the Press this will open a new window on your screen which will simply show you the newest items to be added to the online range. You can also see clips of what items have been featured in magazines recently as well as reading what magazines say about the brand and its products.
* Sign Up the final option will give you the chance to enter your email address to receive updates from Miss Selfridge with regards to new competitions and also youll be informed when new items or special offers are added to the site to save you checking back every few days.
So there you have the basic run down to the site. Navigation is extremely easy with a Miss Selfridge icon at the bottom of each page transporting you back to the homepage in one simple step. All of the various options are clearly labelled on the homepage so that theres no confusion when finding the area of the site you want to visit. All in all Id have to give the homepage and the general site set up 10 out of 10 for ease of use and simplicity.
The Boutique & Buying
The online shop is very straightforward to use and one of the simplest Ive come across while shopping online. The whole boutique is navigated through using the left hand side of the page while the right hand side of the page shows you the various items.
1. You can shop in a variety of ways using two different menus, the first one offers you the opportunity to view products by New In, Exclusives or Sale while the second menu lets you view by Collection (e.g. Working Girl, Champagne Couture, etc) or more simply Product (basic tops, fashion tops, skirts, etc). I normally tend to shop by product which allows you to view all the items on the site using a drop down menu of all the different types.
2. Once youve made your selection all the items in that particular collection or relating to that particular product will come up on the right hand side of the page. The screen window shows 9 items at one time with the option to scroll up and down to view the rest of the stock. Each item can be seen clearly and below each one is the price of it in black print, to view the name of the item (e.g. Rose Envelope Tunic) simply hold your mouse over the picture.
3. When youve found an item that you like the look of merely click on it to take you to a new page showing just that item (a much larger view) as well as details regarding it including the material, price, sizes available, etc. If you like the item you just need to select your size and click on the icon to add it to your basket. On each page you visit youll also have the choice to view your basket as well as a reminder at the bottom of the left hand side of the page telling you the total value in your basket.
4. To check out you just click on the check out icon at the bottom of the screen which will open a new window where you can view your basket and then proceed to check out which involves entering your personal and payment details. The whole payment process takes under five minutes in total and is relatively painless (apart from knowing that your bank balance is decreasing!). The only downside is that theres a delivery charge which is £3.95 for standard (2-3 days) and £4.95 for express (24 hours).
Ive never had a problem with the site or with an order Ive ever placed which must be a good sign. My friends order was incomplete when she received it and she emailed the web team immediately, received a reply within a couple of hours and found the item on her doorstep two days later free of charge for delivery.
That about sums up the Miss Selfridge website for you - Id give the site top marks for ease of use and navigation. The only downside of the site really is that when ordering online you do normally incur a delivery charge which always annoys me slightly! Ive ordered a few items off the website and theyve always arrived within the three days as promised and in good condition too. Although this isnt really relevant to the website review the clothes are always of top quality and reasonably priced as well probably a little cheaper than stores such as Oasis, Topshop and Warehouse.
So next time youre bored, spend a fortune from the comfort of your own home its easy!
Thanks for reading.