Product Type: Aquafresh Oral Care
Newest Review: ... last toothpaste I reviewed (Colgate). The toothpaste itself is in the classic Aquafresh stripe and it a lot milder than other toothpast... more
Three stripe in one.
Aquafresh Fresh & Minty Toothpaste
Member Name: kama0529
Aquafresh Fresh & Minty Toothpaste
Advantages: Nice smell and taste. Price. Keeps breath fresh.
I am not loyal to anyone toothpaste for myself and my family to use - but one I have used fairly recently is Aquafresh Fresh and Minty Toothpaste. A 100ml tube cost me £1.09 from Tesco - which I felt was an okay price and about middle of the road price for a branded toothpaste. Incidentally, I recently saw the same toothpaste in a pump version that was 200ml - and this was £4.00, and clearly this is no where near as good value and I struggled to understand the discrepancy in the price!
The Aquafresh Fresh and Minty Toothpaste comes in a traditional tube that is initially inside a cardboard box which has information printed on it, such as ingredients and directions for use. The toothpaste is squeezed from the tube as with the traditional method - and while I do prefer a pump dispenser, the tube is very simple to use and allows you to dispense however much toothpaste you want easily so you're not wasting any. The only negative point regarding using the tube is that I think you waste more toothpaste when nearing the end of the tube because it's just not possible to squeeze it all out, while with a pump this is effectively done for you.
The toothpaste looks really appealing as it comes out in a red, white and blue stripe (very patriotic!) and this is a selling point when getting young children to brush their teeth. It has quite a nice sweet minty aroma to it, and
it can be squeezed easily on the toothbrush. I only tend to put about a 2cm stripe of the toothpaste on my toothbrush and this feels to me to be enough - and with my youngest child then I tend to only use about half of this amount (as recommended by the directions on the packaging). The taste is minty, although it is not too overpowering and it just leaves my mouth tasting fresh. I also like that when I'm using the toothpaste it does not froth up too much, like it can sometimes with other toothpastes, and it's easy to rinse afterwards. My breath stayed fresh for about 8 hours - after which I needed to brush again.
Although I cannot comment on the efficacy of keeping my teeth healthy, because I use other toothpastes as well, I can comment that this has obviously contributed to my good oral hygiene as I continue to have no dental problems.
Summary: It seems fine.
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- Deep root canal treatment or sensitive teeth toothpaste???
- It's minty man
- Get to those places your toothbrush can't reach
- Not that great it would seem
- Colgate max fresh cooling crystals-Cool for adults and kids
- Twice the price of some other mouthwash but worth the extra!
- Fresh as a daisy but my gums still bleed!
- A Short Term Solution
- Colgate 360- Leaving My Mouth Feeling Lovely and Clean.
- ~ *Not So White'n'Shine * ~
- Pearl Drops Toothpolish
- Kingfisher Natural Baking Soda Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste
- Jack N Jill Bio Toothbrush
- Gr Lanes Sarakan Mouthrinse
- ESI Smile Whitening Toothpaste
- ESI Homeopath Whitening Toothpaste
- Wisdom Fresh Effect Tongue Cleaner
- Wisdom Clean Between Sensitive Toothbrush
- Brilliant Tooth Whitening Kit
- Wisdom V Between Medium Toothbrush