Product Type: Boots Oral Care
Newest Review: ... the TePe brand as this is the one on sale in my dentists, but as it comes with the Boots branding, they are a whole £1 cheaper from Boots.... more
Member Name: marie19uk
Boots Expert 0.4mm Interdental Brushes
Advantages: Easy to hold and use
Disadvantages: Hard to use to clean between back teeth
I recently went to visit the dentist for a check up and scale and polish and received a bit of a telling off from the hygenist. She told me my teeth were in perfect condition but as for my gums - not so much. I had to admit I had not been flossing as regularly as I should have been, partly due to it being awkward. I had a brace a couple of years back and once it got taken off, I had a permanent retainer fitted on the back of my top teeth. This just consists of a very thin wire and does not bother me in any other way but makes it impossible to floss my top front teeth with normal dental floss.
She went on to recommend to me these interdental brushes. I bought the Boots 0.4mm (the smallest size available) which are the ones with the pink handles. They cost £2.99 for 6 and were also in a 3 for 2 offer across dental hygiene products. You simply pop the brush through the gap between your teeth near the gum and move it backwards and forwards to remove anything between your teeth that your toothbrush cannot catch. I find them really effective and actually started to use them on my bottom front teeth instead of dental floss also as they are easier to use in my experience. They are a bit tricky to use on your back teeth though.
I have noticed a difference as my gums used to bleed quite a lot when I brushed my teeth but now they don't bleed at all which means my gums are healthier! A must have for maintaining healthy gums, just make sure you clean the brush after use if you are going to reuse it.
Summary: Must have for healthy gums!
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- For people who have braces and bridges only.
- 3 Shades Whiter? It's All White Actually! Whiter in a Week!
- Great taste, Great Cleaning Power!
- A woeful toothpaste.
- A fairly Tasty PASTE-Y!!
- If You Want Whiter Teeth - This DOES Work
- Family friendly!
- Floss from boots
- I'd rather have no mouthwash at all...
- I like it but its like no mint I have ever tasted
- Listerine Listerine Antiseptic Rinse
- Listerine Listerine Total Care Anticavity Mouthwash (Fresh Mint) 1 Litre
- Sensodyne Sensodyne Toothpaste Extra Whitening
- Crest Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Floss (Mint)
- Earth's Best Toddler Toothpaste (Strawberry Banana)
- Wisdom Fresh Effect Tongue Cleaner
- Wisdom Clean Between Sensitive Toothbrush
- Pearl Drops Toothpolish
- Brilliant Tooth Whitening Kit
- Wisdom V Between Medium Toothbrush