Product Type: Corsodyl Oral Care
Newest Review: ... are gone. The taste is not good and it lingers in your mouth for a good while after using, but it really does help with oral problem... more
An essential in my medicine cabinet!
Corsodyl Mouthwash Mint
Member Name: taramorg23
Corsodyl Mouthwash Mint
Advantages: Tastes nicer than the original
Disadvantages: Can alter your taste
I have over the years tried countless remedies for mouth ulcers, unfortunately I suffer with them constantly and I not only get one but normally 4-5 at a time. I like to use a mouthwash alongside other remedies particularly when I get mouth ulcers in awkward places, sometimes bonjela will just slide off.
I have used the normal Corsodyl for years but more recently I spotted this on the shelf at Asda. A bottle contains 300ml and costs around £3. Corsodyl mouthwash like other similar products contains chlorhexidine, which is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent, it has several uses it can help prevent the build up of plaque on teeth, it helps to kill the bacteria that is associated with sore throats and the bacteria that may infect or irritate mouth ulcers. It can also be used to treat oral thrush.
What I like about Corsodyl is it comes in a plastic bottle, I have in the past used Oraldene which is in a glass bottle and on two ocassions I have managed to break the bottle. There is a white cap at the top which has a single line inside to measure out 10ml of the mouthwash you can then simply rinse the cap and place back on the bottle.
With Corsodyl it can react with toothpaste, so it is recommended that you don't use it at the same time as brushing, or you brush your teeth and rinse with water then wait 30 minutes before use. You then need to rinse with 10ml of mouthwash for a minute. I find that 10ml of mouthwash is a little much for me so I use slightly less. The mouthwash has a rather pleasant taste compared to the original, it is minty fresh but not too overpowering. After using it my breath felt really fresh and my whole mouth felt really clean. It also provided moderate relief for my mouth ulcers, after use the constant stinging subsided. You ahve to use this twice a day. It also recommends that after your mouth ulcers have healed you use it for a further two days.
The only problem I have had when using this is it does tend to distort your taste. This does pass a few hours after use. There are other side effects which I haven't experienced which include staining of the teeth which it advises will disappear after use, a burning sensation on your tongue and peeling of the inside of the mouth. Again the side effects may not be experienced by everyone, I certainly haven't had any in the time I have used it.
I would definately buy this again, it is really plesant to use and leaves your mouth feeling really fresh and clean whilst speeding up the healing process of mouth ulcers.
Summary: A great alternative to the original
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- Easy on the teeth, painful on the pocket.
- Blast Away the Baddies in your Mouth
- I dare you to keep this in your mouth for 30 seconds.
- Dull but utterly effective mouthwash
- All-Around-Protection for your teeth!
- Helps ulcers heal!
- Keeps your mouth in tip top condition.
- Maclean cleans-but does not sparkle
- An effective treatment for gum disease and other oral problems.
- Princess bubble gum
- Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean
- Colgate Smiles Children's Toothpaste
- Aquafresh Fresh & Minty Toothpaste
- Beverly Hills Formula Natural White
- Pearl Drops Smokers Whitening Gel
- Oral B Pro Expert Crossaction CrissCross Toothbrush
- Oral B Pro Expert Crossaction 7 Benefits 40 Toothbrush Medium
- Oral B Pro Expert Crossaction 7 Benefits 35 Toothbrush Soft
- Oral B Complete Clean 40 Toothbrush Medium
- Oral B 3D White Fresh Toothbrush