Product Type: Listerine Oral Care
Newest Review: ... killing off the bacteria in the mouth. To be honest I am not that keen on this Listerine due to the alcohol in the mixture which tends to m... more
Too hot, too intense, impossible to gargle for 30 seconds
Listerine Total Care
Member Name: BattyOldMaid
Listerine Total Care
Advantages: Lovely colour liquid
Disadvantages: Too intense, hotter than eating raw chilli.
Beautiful colour, the only genunine compliment I can give with ease, a delightful funky clear pastel purple colour liquid.
Listerine total care comes with a tag that states its proven to do six things : reduce plague, maintain healthy gums, strengthen teeth against decay, prevent tartar to keep teeth whiter, kills up to 99.9% oral bacteria (wonder what the .1% it doesn't kill?) in lab tests, provides up to 24 hour fresh breath if used twice daily.
The flavour comes in 'clean mint', I cannot say if that's true as the intense heat hits you, the best way to describe how the taste cannot be savoured due to the heat, is to make comparison with chilli. Cut one up and poke your fingers in your eyes, the blistering heat and pain in your eyes prevents you to appreciate the visual aesthetic of a vivid red chilli!
It is recommended you swill the liquid around your mouth and between your teeth for 30 seconds to maximise the benefits - I think there must be a contest somewhere for participants to do this, and a winner gets the coverted crown, it's neigh impossible to attempt the full 30 seconds, your mouth burns and I am being honest here - you do feel as if it has burned a hole on both inner cheeks. The maximum I can attempt is just over 15 seconds. Don't believe the adverts of it being refreshing, it's more painful to use it than it's worth. Very off putting and I actually feel a sense of dread when I realise it's time for another go. In the end I just threw it away and bought Colgate plax.
Incidentally, I went and bought the 'less intense' version.
Who tests it? It's no different from the original. Too intense, hot and uncomfortable to use.
Summary: Too painful to use for the recommended 30 seconds rinse.
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- It's Dental TAPE!
- Doesn't do what it says on the tin.
- There is nothing worse than toothache, a temporary solution is at hand
- Pulsing Ma bristles..
- Simply the very best mouthwash
- It's green, it's yummy.. but is it any good?
- String for teeth
- WOW - this mouthwash needs a warning on the label!!
- Crest Whitening Strips (Professional Effects & Intensive Professional Effects)
- The tooth about the brush with the chunky handle...
- Tesco Pro Tech Extreme Cool Mint Toothpaste
- Asda Protect Mouthwash Extreme Fresh
- Colgate Blue Minty Gel Toothpaste
- Lush Breath of God Toothy Tabs
- Wisdom Fresh Effect Total Care Mouthwash
- Oral B Pro Bright Replacement Heads
- Oral B Sensitive extra soft & Gentle Bristle
- Oral B Stages Kids Heads Cars
- Oral B Pro Expert Toothpaste Sensitive & Gentle Whitening
- Oral B Pro Expert Enamel Shield Toothpaste Mint