Product Type: Lush Oral Care
Newest Review: ... Some are there all the time and some are only released for limited times. Simon Constantine of Lush, comments: "I was really keen... more
Nice idea... shame about the taste!
Lush Atomic Toothy Tabs
Author Name: popmusicfan
Lush Atomic Toothy Tabs
Advantages: Less packaging
Disadvantages: They're not very foamy and they taste HORRIBLE
I bought these toothy tabs from Lush for £3.50 a week ago. I bought these ones and my mum bought the Sparkle ones. I kinda wish i'd have bought the Sparkle ones now!
You place a tab in between your front teeth, crush it with your teeth and brush as normal. They are easy to use and they're much better for the environment as they don't need any packaging. However they taste FOUL. The taste is too herbally for my liking, it reminds me of the grass that I used to eat when I was younger! The taste hangs around for a while too, which wouldn't be so bad if they happened to taste nice. However they don't and I wouldn't recommend them!
They clean the teeth okay but they aren't a patch on my favourite Colgate toothpaste. They don't foam up very well and i'm often left with bits stuck in between my teeth which take ages to get out. I'm forever picking them out and it is starting to get on my nerves now. How can these be a toothpaste when they actually LEAVE bits in your mouth? I get the whole "less packaging" thing but i'm sure Lush could come up with a better formula than this. Plus they need to improve on the taste.
After using one of these tabs my teeth (and gums) don't really feel that much cleaner. They don't sparkle like they do with "normal" toothpaste and the lack of foam means that my breath isn't as fresh as I would like.
A waste of money in my opinion. I think i'll stick with Colgate.
Summary: I'll stick to "normal" toothpaste thanks Lush!
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- Where's the brilliance Oral B?
- A decent toothbrush for the price
- Sadly, there's no wow factor here
- Very fresh!!
- Fresh mint, fresh mouth
- OK mouthwash but not very minty
- Goody Goody Gum Brush
- Happy gums, happy hygienist
- See if you can try before you buy! The jury's still out...
- Your mouth will feel so clean!
- Asda Essential Care Total Care Advanced Mintfresh Mouthwash
- Dentek Scaler & Pick Dental Hygiene Pack
- Crest Whitestrips Pro Effects Enamel Safe Formula
- Aquafresh Iso Active Citrus Mint Toothpaste
- Jason Healthy CoQ10 Toothpaste
- Elgydium Anti Plaque Toothpaste
- Curasept ADS 705 Gel
- Curasept ADS 350 Gel
- Biotene Mouthwash
- Sainsbury's Confident Freshmint Mouthwash