Product Type: Macleans Oral Care
Newest Review: ... restore natural whiteness, promotes healthy teeth and gums with regular brushing, and fresh breath. The ingredients are: Aqua, Hy... more
Not so white
Macleans Whitening Toothpaste
Member Name: Ninski1
Macleans Whitening Toothpaste
Advantages: Cleans well
Disadvantages: No visible changes to colour of my teeth
I bought this100ml of toothpaste in the £ shop recently. It comes in a recyclable cardboard tube with the products name, ingredients and directions for use on the back, the box is blue and silver. The tube of toothpaste is also blue and silver, with a white screw off lid, that is quite chunky, easy to use and stays in place. The tube is made of soft plastic making the toothpaste easy to dispense.
The toothpaste claims to protect tooth enamel and whiten your teeth with regular usage when compared to other family toothpastes, as assessed by dental professionals. The toothpaste is made by GalxoSmithKline. It contains Sodium Fluoride 0.32% w/w, 1450 ppm fluoride, amonsgt other ingredients and the directions for use state that is should be used twice per day and that it is not suitable for children under 7 years old.
The toothpaste is supposed to visbily improve the whiteness of your teeth, remove stains without damaging tooth enamel, protect against plaque and tooth decay and it leaves a invisble barrier to prevent dullness and discolouration. It does not say how long it will take to notice the effects, just that improvements will be seen with contiuned use.
So I have been using this toothpaste 2 to 3 times per for about three weeks and I have not noticed any difference to the colour of my teeth. The toothpaste has a nice strong minty taste, that leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh, without any of the weird coatings you sometimes get with whitening toothpastes, so it does a good job of cleaning, it also leaves my mouth fresh until I next eat or drink.
Overall, I am disappointed with the products claims that my teeth will be visibly whiter, I will contiune to use the product until it runs out, as it does clean well, but I will not re-purchase based on the whiteness claims, as I have tried other products that have given better results.
Summary: OK toothpaste, not so good whitening
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- Smileguard Spongebob
- Where's the brilliance Oral B?
- Tingles, cleans and freshens!!! :)
- Pain Free Pearly Whites
- Aquafresh Milk Teeth - perfect for little baby teeth!
- Colgate Pro Relief Sensitive Toothpaste
- Goody Goody Gum Brush
- Happy gums, happy hygienist
- See if you can try before you buy! The jury's still out...
- Your mouth will feel so clean!
- Listerine Listerine Antiseptic Rinse
- Hello Kitty Bubblegum Flavour Mouthwash
- Crest Crest Pro-Health (Whitening) Toothpaste
- Crest Crest Toothpaste-Whitening With Scope (Minty Fresh Striped)
- Crest Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Floss (Mint)
- BlanX White Shock Toothpaste
- Oral-B Complete Extra Fresh
- Peppa Pig Toothpaste Bubble Gum Flavour
- White Wave Dental Floss
- Asda Protect Whitening Tape